GT5 gets stunning leaked McLaren replay footage [Update]

Monday, 5th April 2010 09:28 GMT By Johnny Cullen

gt52

We think our eyes are about to explode: the latest footage for GT5 is a 9.5 on the “holy shit” meter.

The new video shows off a replay of the McLaren F1 driving about the old Nurburgring, where trees are green, the sky is blue and the peace is shattered by supercars going from 0-60MPH at three seconds flat.

Go watch it below, thanks to TSA.

No actual solid date has been given for the Polyphony racer, but Sony said at GDC it will be out this year.  There might be another demo in the works as well, but nothing concrete has emerged yet as to when or if we’ll see it.

In the meantime, most recent shots and trailer are here and here.

Update: There’s actually a couple more videos over at GTPlanet, featuring a TVR Tuscan, Nissan GTR V-Spec and more.

Thanks, RoarrrUK

1. RoarrrUK

These videos would appear to be from a user on youtube called mimaximax.

And check out GTplanet (http://www.gtplanet.net/) who are also hosting them.

He has posted tons of new videos, Amuse 380RS Superleggera on GT5’s Nordschleife, SuperGT on GT5’s Nurburgring, McLaren F1, TVR Tuscan Speed 6, and More at the ‘Ring.

2. The_Deleted

GT is the last driving game I’d ever bother with, but those graphics look absolutely stunning.

3. davidkenobi

Replays, always replays. Gt5 a replay game ?

4. Redh3lix

I hope this game fails sooooo bad, and yes I’m a PS3 owner.

5. RoarrrUK

I agree that the PR to date has been poor, with very little info at all. Replays from sources such as this and nothing official.

I would imagine by now, PD would have sent some C&D letters but given how little interaction there has been between PD and the GT community, it could be far to say that they haven’t even realised.

Still no date. Maybe E3?

6. Bones

why red?

7. get2sammyb

I don’t know why anyone would want it to fail. I actually feel a little sorry for it — for all the detail that’s inevitably going to get put in this game, it’s going to get trashed at review simply because the stigma it now has attached to it.

It’ll be at E3 though, on one of Sony’s 8gajillion-inch TVs. I assume they’re holding it back to figure-head their 3D push, which makes sense. Plus, Kaz won’t mind the extra time right?

8. cookiejar

I hope this does really really well, and yes im a 360 owner.

I can’t wait to get my hands on it. I haven’t played a really great racer since PGR4 – Didn’t like Forza and GT5 Prologue was a demo.

9. The_Deleted

I don’t see why it would fail. Sure, for fans it’s a pain in the ass having to wait,(and not always for any real reason other than tweaking the game), but fanboys will lap it up come release day and there will be plenty of PS3 owners who’ll what to know what the fuss is about.

10. ww3pl

@ 6.
    Because the red ones go faster.

11. ExclusivesMostly

Failure is not an option. This will sell like crazy: I mean just look at GT5 Prologue, practically a demo yet it sold over 3.6 million copies.

12. Bulk Slash

The cars look very nice, but I was playing Ridge Racer 7 earlier today and even that had 3D trees in it, yet GT5 is still using flat cut-outs in the background. Seems like all the polygon budget was lavished on the cars with little left over for the artists to use in creating track-side details.