GAME retail list outs James Bond Racing, New Vegas and CoD7 for October, more

Friday, 26th March 2010 13:46 GMT By Johnny Cullen

falloutvegas

VG247′s been handed an internal Xbox 360 release list from GAME, showing big Activision titles like Call of Duty 7, DJ Hero 2 and James Bond Racing all apparently due in October.

The seventh CoD, being developed by Treyarch and thought to be set in Vietnam, was tipped for a November release, but the list you can see below says it’s coming a bit sooner.

DJ Hero 2 hasn’t been formally announced, but Activision president Bobby Kotick has already said to expect a new title in the series this year.

Bond, on the other hand, has had nothing known about it until now. Activision has already said it’s got Bizarre working on two new titles in the IP: one action and one racing. The GAME listing points to the latter.

As well as a whole slew of Acti Blizz titles, the list roughly dates games like Fallout: New Vegas for October, Brink for September – in sync with a rumoured date a few weeks ago – and even mentions a September 24 date for Crysis 2. This is at odds with a confirmed Q3 FY11 ship for the shooter, or October-December.

The full thing’s below. The list also mentions a “Yoga Natal” title that’s apparently due to be released in October.

Remember to take these dates with a pinch of salt, obviously. Things move.

• Band Hero 2 – October
  • Brink – September
  • Call of Duty 7 – October
  • Crysis 2 – September 24
  • Fallout: New Vegas – October
  • Guitar Hero 6 – September
  • Lego: Harry Potter: Years 1 – 4 – May 28
  • Singularity – June 28

1. Pysk

Metal Gear Solid: Rising – Sept. 24th

What?! That’s pretty soon.

2. Badger

James Bond Racing? Seriously?! Can’t really say I saw that one coming.

3. Johnny Cullen

I don’t think that’ll be out this year (Rising). That’s what I left it off the highlights list.

I’d like to be wrong, though.

4. Blerk

New Vegas, baby!

5. killercow

Haze by ubisoft this year ? What? Wasn’t a game called haze and made by free radical (and published by ubisoft) terrible ?

6. Broncanus

There’s a difference between legitimate whistleblowing, and distributing private information given to your company in confidence.

How professional!

hmm… DogTag, from Digital Jesters… that’s odd!

7. The Hindle

Aliens CM for this year i doubt it.

8. Blerk

The SKU on Haze is really low compared to the others – it’s probably an old entry left over on the system from the days before it was PS3-exclusive.

9. Aimless

I wonder if the listing for The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf is another holdover. I was rather looking forward to it before it was put on indefinite hold almost a year ago.

10. theevilaires

I need to finish Fallout3 :D bad. Its getting good but the game has so many damn bugs sometimes. It will be interesting to see how big the Las Vegas area will be considering this DLC is being released a while after the last.

11. Hunam

Some weird stuff used to end up on GAME lists. They had Unreal Warfare on there for years, I think that was a spin-off that got cancelled early on and was mentioned once in an interview or something. They just made up a date for it that stuck until it was finally cleared.

12. reask

theevilaires said:

Its getting good but the game has so many damn bugs sometimes.

360 version doesn’t. ;)

13. Erthazus

New Vegas is not a DLC. Its a complete new Fallout game from the creators of original Fallout. The real sequel, after shitty RPG game from Bethesda.

14. G1GAHURTZ

Wonky scans…

15. scuz

activision you disgust me.

can anybody else name a FPS franchise that hit sequel number 7 in 8 years?

16. Hunam

I wouldn’t go too far with that. It’s not the original team, just a few of the original team and it’s still in the same Fallout 3 engine (which looks hideous to be honest) giving the same sort of experience. But you know, with better writing.

17. reask

Erthazus said:

The real sequel, after shitty RPG game from Bethesda.

I really enjoyed 3 funny enough but in all fairness I would not be a rpg gamer normally.

18. theevilaires

reask said: 360 version doesn’t. ;)

yea the 360 only had a few hiccups that would reset your level back to 1….I think it was the PIT DLC :)
    Plus when I meant bugs I didn’t mean anything serious like the game freezing. I meant the well know bugs that happen in the story if you did something before you were suppose to do it in order.

Read this: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3

its fucking awesome! The information you can learn about this universe is so much fun and interesting.

19. Erthazus

@17 yeah, you can enjoy it, but looking at the previous Fallout games its a dissapointment in everything. Starting from cheap kindergarten dialogs and story and ending with bad VATS system.

20. Raining_Upwards

Having worked in a game store as a store manager for nearly eight years, I would advise that everybody here takes these ‘leaked dates’ with the biggest pinch of salt you can muster.

I recognise the scan that has been posted as being an extract from our marketing bulletin and they were known to be hilarously off the mark with release dates (with many dates being placeholder dates).

21. Gekidami

Without even a proper name for CoD7 i doubt its release date is true.

22. reask

All joking aside I found it to be a really good game.
    I spent hours and hours getting side tracked, the game just seemed to be endless as to where you could go.

23. DaMan

it was an awesome game, especially on PC with all those mods.

24. theevilaires

I just hate when you guys put those VG247 stamps on wallpapers though so the next time you get GT5 shots please don’t fuck them up.

25. AHA-Lambda

@21 – It’s treyarch and activision no matter how broke or crap or unfinished it may be it will be out on that month. I can see that the october date would probably be true because of MOH on september.

That’s th part that confuses me MOH and crysis 2 in the same window by the same publisher? I don’t buy it, one of those is moving date and it ain’t MOH.

26. Raining_Upwards

In fact, most of those dates will be bollocks. GAME were always shit at predicting release dates internally.

So much so in fact, that the were a source of much amusement each time we got the release bulletin through :)

27. Moonwalker1982

Fallout 3 is incredible, one of my favorite,maybe favorite Xbox 360 game ever, amazing game. Truly hope New Vegas will be just as good. However the fact that they are also making Alpha Protocol(which really seems hit or miss) slightly worries me.

Are people actually calling VATS bad? Wow…..

28. Erthazus

@27 you started to play only this generation or what?

VATS system is very bad because its now a casual system of its predecessor. They completely destroyed VATS system.

Can you make your character with 2 or 3 intellect so the dialogs can respond to your character intellect? Can you make 6-8 intellect and your character will speak like a educated person? Can you have a character ability like agility and e.t.c. so it can RESPOND to your world?

Can you finish the game without killing anyone?

Fallout 3 is a cheap post apocalyptic world for casual gamers that think Fallout 3 is a hardcore game, its not a post apocalyptic world. Its a shit where you need 60% of casual shooting, 20% of exploring Nothing interesting and 20% of cheap storytelling, quests and cheap dialogs.

If you never played Fallout 1-2 its your problem. But Fallout fans waited for a proper sequel.

Fallout 3 is a PR or Oblivion with guns. There is nothing from original Fallout and some parts that they took from Fallout series they destroyed. Its a great example how consoles can hurt the franchise.

and i hope Obsidian entertainment that have original developers from old Fallout games can make a decent Fallout sequel (and judging by a story we are going to see a R.E.A.L. sequel.)

29. Blerk

That’s pretty harsh, Erthazus. Fallout 3 is an excellent game in its own right, regardless of its heritage.

I suspect if you’re expecting New Vegas to be very different you’re going to end up disappointed again, unfortunately.

30. cookiejar

Haze?! LOL

Crysis 2 should be sweet. And also I quite fancy the new COD, if the cold war/Vietnam stuff is right.

31. Hunam

“Actually Obsidian Entertainment have 80% of original team. Its just a new name for them to start.
    Fallout 3 engine or not, we can have a true Fallout sequel now and decent VATS system and of course better dialogs and writing.”

Don’t mean to be aggressive, but that is clearly a made up stat. The lead designers of Fallout quit before Fallout 2 was finished. Chris Avellone was more of a junior designer on the game and J.E. Sawyer (The lead designer on NV) was a web designer at the time. Most of the original team has just spread across the industry. It was the Icewind Dale 2 team that moved to Obsidian and a fair few of them have left either Obsidian or the industry as a whole.

32. theevilaires

Guys this is VG247 we are talking about. Every time Garratt has gotten a so called “hot tip” about something releasing early he has been wrong every time.

PS3 firmware 3.0 cross game chat update anyone? :D

Garratt: Hey man you got any secret info for me this month?
    Shady Spy: Yea man I got something, I got a big one!

Garratt: (Super Estatic) Yea really oh boy this will land me mega hits. Joystiq eat your hearts out :D
    Shady Spy: But hey man its gonna cost you….

Garratt: Of course whatever here take my wedding ring. Now tell me, whats the big news!
    Shady guy: Its about the PS3.

Garratt: (instantly bummed) What?! the PS3!?…ummm oh shit, ok whatever tell me.
    Shady Guy: The PS3 is getting cross game chat next month in the next firmware update.

Garratt: (Pissed) Thats it!?
    Shady Guy: Thats it bro. (shady guy dashes off into dark alley while LOL and yelling sucker!)

Garratt: Oh fuck what will happen if he was lying…(Garratt goes home)

Garratt: Hi honey I’m home.
    Mrs.Garratt: Where’s your ring.

Garratt: (shitting his pants!) Ummm….
    Mrs.Garratt: (Enraged) You gave it away for secret info again for that damn game site of yours didn’t you….(reaches for golf club)

Garratt: Oh shit, dear GOD HELLLLP!

(Johnny Cullen suddenly suspiciously becomes the main news poster of VG247) :D

33. Hunam

You’re such a rude cunt at times tea.

34. theevilaires

Hunam shut up Garratt knows I’m just joking. Stop kissing his ass all the time.

35. Hunam

It’s nothing to do with pat. I like coming here and find you constantly berating the staff and new items in your pretend to be joking way hugely annoying, more annoying than the rampant fanboyism you constantly excrete in your patented ‘joking’ way.

Just learn some common decency for gods sake. Just because it’s the internet doesn’t mean you have to act like an asshole all the time. You do understand the concept of mutual respect right?

36. theevilaires

Trust me if I patented my way of joking I’d be a poor guy…..I think :D I don’t berate, yea I called Mike a crack head from time to time, Johnny -”Harry Potter”, Stephany- “oh so obvious a 2 year old could copy and paste that too” articles, but the fact of the matter is they know I love them. This is just one big video gaming family here to me. I mean no offense to anyone.

You taking this way to seriously….like Howard stern fans defending him

37. Erthazus

@Blerk, actually Fallout 3 is as shitty as my English :D (its not my homeland language). So…

If you played Fallout 1-2 you would be in the same shoes as i am. Fallout 3 is a CASUAL Fallout game in every way. I don’t remember something great about it. Everything what was at Fallout 3 was at Fallout 1-2 but 100% BETTER. quests, villages, NPC, story, gameplay mechanics, world. Oh yeah, except graphics of course.

Its really bad. REALLY bad if you want to compare with F1-2.

@19 Obsidian Entertainment is an American video game developer founded in 2003 after the disestablishment of Interplay Productions’ Black Isle Studios, for PC and console systems. Obsidian continues to operate under management by its founding officers: Feargus Urquhart, Chris Parker, Darren Monahan, Chris Avellone and Chris Jones. In July 2005, they hired Josh Sawyer of Icewind Dale fame. (c) Fucking Wikipedia

Its the same fucking people. SAME.

38. Johnny Cullen

To be fair, there’s only so far you can go as far as joking goes, TEA.

I won’t say you crossed the line with that last one, but just don’t go a little overboard.

39. DaMan

actually, you could say F3 was a bad Fallout game, but it was a very good and enjoyable experience overall. Oblivion with guns, exactly.

40. theevilaires

Yea maybe I touched a little too close to home with the wedding ring thing ( I thought the tiger woods tie in would be a hit :D ) but you guys worship Garratt to much so I’ll take it easy on him from now on. I apologize if you or your wife are offended Garratt.

41. DJ Deathstar

I think this is bullshit, Borderlands spelt wrong, Crackdown 2 is on the list as TBC 2010 when it has a date of July 9th and why isn’t Ghost Recon Future Soldier on the list? If this list is real then theres a pretty big announcement there in Star Wars the Old Republic!

42. Hunam

That’s 5 people. Fallout 2 probably had 40+ people on it. The lead designers of Fallout ended up at Troika before they went bust.

43. Erthazus

@42 its just officers of the company. There is a whole team from Interplay damn it. Its an old story.

44. Hunam

I know the story, I’ve followed Black Isle since before they were called Black Isle. But Obsidian is like Free Radical (before they folded) in that people see them as the team that made Goldeneye when actually the core team is now spread across the industry, much is the same with Obsidian. A hell of a lot of people left Black Isle’s before Icewind Dale 2 came out. They had a lot of employees before Interplay folded and it really is nearly impossible to keep a team together of that size when something like that happens.

45. xino