SCEE: God of War III demo to appear on PSN for non pre-orders, date “TBC”

Friday, 19th February 2010 10:06 GMT By Johnny Cullen

gowIII

SCEE’s just confirmed to VG247 the God of War III demo that is currently exclusive to anyone who’s pre-ordered the title from UK retailer Game will appear openly on the PlayStation Store.

A PR from the firm said a date was “still TBC”, however.

“The GOW3 demo being given away with Game is only active until the 24th,” said the rep.

“Pre-orders after this date will not receive it. There will be a demo on the PSN but the date is still TBC.”

Sony also confirmed the taster is the same one released last October to a restricted amount of PSN users.

GoW III is due for release on March 16 in the US, with it set to be launched in the UK on March 19. That date has not been confirmed by SCEE, though.

1. sennasnit

already got it, played it, loved it.

2. SplatteredHouse

They really should confirm, or completely throw out that European release date. It’s not smart (imho) to leave people unsure of when the game’s out.
    Classic outcome is: ‘oh, I thought it was out already/last/next week’. Except, now, it’ll perhaps fall badly with a game from someone who DID communicate their release date, loud and clear, and the buyer stick with their original choice.
    Why leave such a detail to speculation? Jump on it, right away. :)

3. Razor

OT, but Johnny, can you ask SCEE if a GT5 trailer will be on the GoWIII disc like the BBFC implied?

Pleeease…

4. RoarrrUK

got a game email a few minutes ago with a code. Though I’m pretty sure I’ve already played it.

5. Eregol

This is the same E3 demo that they sent out to select PSN users and also came bundled witht he GoW collection.

In which case I’ve had it twice.

Gave the one I got from GoW Collection to my mate.

6. RGW1982

It’s Old & The Build Is Very Outdated, So Who Really Cares?.. Give Us A New Demo With The Latest Build Of The Game, Everybody Already Has The E3 Demo Anyways.

7. DrDamn

Wow. I actually made it through a RGW1982 post and agree with him :0. Why chuck out such old code? I really hope the full game has fixed the framerate inconsistencies and I was looking to a new demo to confirm that.

8. mington

@6 Yeah! my nans played it to death

9. spikeymike

Not everyone has the E3 demo, I am afraid :( I imported GoW Collection and didn’t get a code. So, if anyone’s got a spare code I’d be very grateful to have it. But then again, I have waited this long, will another week or so matter?

10. JonFE

Does anyone know if this early demo will be available to those that have pre-ordered the ultimate trilogy edition from Game as well?

It should given the bloody price, but does anyone know for sure?

11. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Just make the damn E3 demo public already and eliminate these stupid codes. Seriously. Why wouldn’t you want as much exposure as possible..

12. Johnny Cullen

Jon – The Game listing page says it’s for the Normal Edition.

So that leads me to believe it’s for just that, and not for anyone who’s pre-ordered the Ultimate Trilogy Edition.

13. JonFE

Thank you Johnny – I guess I will have to wait until the demo’s public release (or the final game, at this rate).

:?