FFXIII 360 bundle gets pictured

Friday, 19th February 2010 14:34 GMT By Johnny Cullen

FFXIII 360 bundle

The recently announced Xbox 360-exclusive bundle for Final Fantasy XIII has been snapped and smashed all over the internet.

The console shown is from the 250Gb Super Elite bundle, which comes with a designed HDD with the FFXIII logo and personalised faceplate featuring Lightning.

All of this could be yours for £249.99 when it releases alongside the game on March 9.

Get shots below, thanks to RPGSite.

The bundle was announced last Friday for Europe alongside a cheaper 120Gb bundle, with an earlier announcement at X10 the day before for the US.

1. sennasnit

MS are trying so hard, but i think they are wasting their money, even in the west i think the PS3 version will sell better due to the recent bad press, i’m not sure it’s a system seller.

2. mington

one can dream

when my xbox red ringed, the console they sent me back had quite literally been bathed in honey, it’s just sat there on my desk for the past year collecting fluff, and the disk tray never pops out without a prod, i really should clean the disk tray rubber band BUT IT’S NOT MY DIRT DAMNIT i’m just tempting fate, one day my disk try will get stuck shut and i’ll be left eternally playing earth defense…although that may not be such a bad thing ;)

3. Blerk

Yeah, it’s hard to imagine them shifting many of these.

4. Eregol

Well, that looks, boring.

Note they didn’t take pictures of the side?

5. Gekidami

The sides are white. Its just got a FFXIII faceplate. Everything ‘unique’ about it can actually be taken off and replaced with the default stuff.

6. Goliath

I really don’t understand the lure of Final Fantasy. There hasn’t been a great Final Fantasy title since VII. How long can a franchise stand on the legacy of 1 game?

@ Mington

That’s unfortunate. When my XBox 360 red ringed they sent me a new one within days. It was literally a new console. I actually ran out an bought another thinking it would be 3 or 4 weeks before I got it back so now it sits in the box they sent it back in.

7. zoopdeloop

things are not too bright for the 360 port job.No wonder they marketing it with all they’ve got
    Apparently as it was mentioned yesterday here by another user the latest pictures that were released were indeed 576p native resolution but the overlay for the menu is 720p

As it seems that MazingerDUDE is well known among others for his non biased accuracy plus he does analyze and compare games for Digital Foundry
    First i thought they looked that way cause of bad capture or something but i was informed that pixel counting still works on poorly captured images with tons of JPEG compression. They count the steps in the aliasing, which is something that is mostly unaffected by image capture quality.

here’s one of the recent pics on 360 which Kotaku posted and here’s one from the ps3 version

360 http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/02/ffxiii_event03_02.jpg

ps3

these are eventualy news based on SE’s latest pictures not just rumors and they are spread all over the net.
    Johny dig in to it maybe you’ll find something more :)

8. justiceblob

Every FF is pretty great, its just that FFVII has has (IMO undeservedly) been lifted into the elite class of gaming legendaries.

I am talking about the canon games here, some of the spin-offs have been pretty darn awful.

9. mington

@6 my understanding is, as soon as they receive your broken console they’ll send you someone else’s refurbished one instead of waiting to fix your actual console and sending that back

10. DaMan

@Goliath what do you mean, sales?

11. Goliath

@ DaMan

I don’t mean sales, I mean the devout fanbase it has. I used to be a huge Final Fantasy fan but the past few games haven’t been great games. Solid maybe but not great. I’m actually not looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII.

@ mington

Yeah, that is what they do but mine wasn’t refurbished, it was brand new. There wasn’t even a finger print on it. and it still had the adhesive plastic over the tray and stuff like that. I was going to sell it but I’m going to keep it just in case.

12. mortiferus

It’s a rushed port of a shit, boring game! Who fucking cares! I hope both MS and Squre Enix loose shit loads of cash on this.RIP JRPG, your time came a went.

13. Eregol

Wow, someone’s got some issues.
    Why comment in a story you don’t care about?
    Methinks you do care.

14. Joe Anderson (wotta)

Hey guys we are giving one of those faceplates away, we got it at X10.

Cheaper than paying £250 I would say :) http://bit.ly/c1oCr0

15. reask

No good to me Wotta I am Irish.
    UK only.

16. DaMan

@Goliath – I really don’t think the majority of current FF fanbase are the same people who were enjoying Square titles back in the PS1 days.. or even played Xg and FF6-7 at all.

from what I’ve seen, most of the people that are impressed by FF13 even started with something like FFX.

17. theevilaires

Not trying to sound like an ass but FFXIII text on the damn HDD…….???? huh really?

18. Erthazus

Cool stuff and i think Xbox 360 owner will enjoy 1024×576 resolution…

Marketing…

19. mescalineeyes

get outta here, FF13 on 360 is sub hd? that would be hilarious.

20. Goliath

You know I feel like this game has just become a fanboy football being kicked back and forth. XBox 360 fanboys are enjoying the fact that the once vaunted PS3 exclusive will be on the XBox 360 and PS3 fanboys spitefully are hoping it sucks. But the real fans of the game, wont care. Those who only own XBox 360s will play the game on that console and not worry about the minutest of details and those with PS3s will play the game, not caring at all that it’s on the XBox 360. I never understood why there is this expectation that the internet minority is the majority. The fact is, the majority doesn’t care. They really don’t.

21. RGW1982

@ 20

Actually They Do Care, But Keep Telling Yourself They Don’t Care.. Maybe You’ll Start To Believe It.

22. Goliath

You again moron? Look douche, the average person playing Bayonetta or The Orange Box or Ghostbusters or any other “inferior title” on the PS3, doesn’t care. Nor are the people playing Burnout Paradise or Dragon Age on the XBox 360. The only people who care are fantards like yourself. Please crawl back under the bridge.

23. Monk

@6 this article is good about the comparison between the
    two version.

24. RGW1982

@ 22

The Only Ones Not Caring Are Those That Do Not Have The Other Console So It Matters Not To Them, But To Gamers That Own Multiple Consoles It Does Matter, Which Is Why They Buy The Superior Version.

You’d Have To Be A Fuckin Retard Not To Understand That & I’m Sure You Don’t, Retard.

You Just Keep Telling Yourself They Don’t Care & Maybe It’ll Come True…