Ubisoft confirms ACII: Bonfire of Vanities for release this Thursday

Tuesday, 16th February 2010 19:00 GMT By Johnny Cullen

ACII Bonfire

Ubisoft’s just confirmed it’s releasing the second piece of DLC from Assassin’s Creed II, Bonfire of Vanities, this Thursday.

The tweet just sent out by the firm says:

#AC2 DLC 2 “Bonfire of Vanities” will release on February 18 on PS Store and Xbox Live.”

The first shots of the DLC also just got out as well. Find them over at Kotaku.

The first piece of DLC, The Battle of Forli, was released last month on PSN and XBL. It’ll be included with the Director’s Cut coming to PC on March 5 in the UK.

1. Hunam

Can anyone tell me if these DLC’s actually slot into the game where they are supposed to be? I heard the game’s story on release was a bit fractured and these are basically scenario’s cut for time and re added as DLC, as I’ve not got AC2 yet I’d rather buy it and the DLC and play it through in order.

2. M2Kx

it seems like that, but i don’t know if it’s official :/

3. revolting

@1 yes. The retail game is broken up into 14 memories (chapters), but only covered 1 to 11, and then skipped straight to 14 at the end. The first DLC (Battle for Forli) added the missing 12th memory, and if this DLC is the missing 13th memory, it presumably completes the set.

4. Hunam

Thanks, I’ll be sure to pick up the DLC once I can get the main game for sub £20.

5. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Uh oh going up against Lost in Nightmares..

LIN looks absoultely gorgeous. They had me at original mansion..

2-3 hours play time and $5 DLC price, FINALLY Capcom is taking a step towards RE5 redemption.

I’ll come back to AC2 DLC when they package both together eventually.

6. joshua nash

fuck me, i was expecting this to come out next week, but hey this still makes me happy atleast now i can have something to do while i wait for bioware get off its lazy ass a release the hammerhead dlc!

7. RGW1982

Fuck Ubisoft

8. Samuel

To be fair, the story in the main game wasn’t negatively impacted by the absence of these pieces. They aren’t necessary to understand what happened, so it’s not as though they cut out vital chunks of the story to sell later. You could just as easily not get them.