As 2019 draws to a close, GTA 5 is still one of the top games in the world. It is, without doubt, a genre-defining game. Let's rinse it for all its worth.
GTA 5 is an outlier. Everyone's played it, and everyone knows what Grand Theft Auto is. It's one of a small handful of games that transcends the gaming hobby to enter mainstream consciousness. It's a true phenomenon. And above all, it's a fantastic game.
GTA 5 is effectively two different games. The single-player campaign of GTA 5 which follows the misadventures of Trevor, Michael and Franklin as they pursue a last-ditch criminal career in Los Santos. And GTA Online, a sprawling, ever-growing online multiplayer criminal simulation, where players can spend their time doing anything from sticking up a local liquor store to running a city-wide criminal empire. If you're looking for help with multiplayer madness, we have you covered with this extensive GTA Online guide.
If all that wasn't enough, GTA 5 is now available on the Epic Games Store and is free if you download it before 4 pm BST on May 21.
This page? This page right here is about making the most of GTA 5 cheats to ensure the single-player fun continues well after our three boys have retired, and you're looking for more ways to escalate the carnage across Los Santos and Blaine County.
How to use GTA 5 cheats
It's easy enough using these cheats on your console of choice or PC. For Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 or PS3, just tap the relevant buttons. You can also press up on the d-pad to bring up your character's cell phone, then enter the cell phone cheat and it will have the same effect. On PC you just need to bring up the command/tilde button (~) and enter the cheat from there.
Weapon and ammo cheats
The first set of codes to get your hands on all relate to weapons and making the player a completely lethal killing machine.
Spawn all weapons
This is the biggie. Enter this cheat and you'll spawn all weapons and max out the ammo for each one. That means you'll have pockets crammed with everything from the basic pistols to the grenade launcher and everything in between. It's a box of lethal toys for you to play with - just be careful not to accidentally blow yourself up.
- PS4 / PS3:TRIANGLE, R2, LEFT, L1, X, RIGHT, TRIANGLE, DOWN, SQUARE, L1, L1, L1
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: Y, RT, LEFT, LB, A, RIGHT, Y, Down, X, LB, LB, LB
- PC: TOOLUP
- Cell Phone: 1-999-8665-87
Unleash violent chaos in GTA 5 and you'll soon have the cops, the local gangs, gun nuts and general populace returning fire. Not a lot of people back down in Los Santos. So with this cheat you'll make yourself invincible. You will not die. That doesn't mean the locals won't stop throwing bullets at you, so expect the chaos to continue until you manage to shake them off. Or kill them all.
- PS4 / PS3: RIGHT, X, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, R1, RIGHT, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: RIGHT, A, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, RB, RIGHT, LEFT, A, Y
- PC: PAINKILLER
- Cell Phone: 1-999-724-654-5537
Max out health and armour
If you don't want to be completely invincible but do want to keep your ticker pumping, this is the cheat for you. So much quicker and easier than using first aid or eating snacks from a vending machine, this cheat will pump your health back up to maximum and equip you with the highest form of body armour. Now you're feeling tip-top again, you can jump back in to the action.
- PS4 / PS3: CIRCLE, L1, TRIANGLE, R2, X, SQUARE, CIRCLE, RIGHT, SQUARE, L1, L1, L1
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: B, LB, Y, RT, A, X, B, RIGHT, X, LB, LB, LB
- PC: TURTLE
- Cell Phone: 1-999-887-853
Recharge special ability
This is another cheat that gives you a boost without making you super-powered. You might want to use this during the main campaign for that little uplift. It basically recharges your characters special ability. For Franklin that means Driving Focus, so he can slow down time when handling any vehicle with wheels, allowing pinpoint accuracy when racing around the streets. Michael's special ability is Bullet Time. He can slow down time to target heads and other hotspots with complete accuracy - although he can only do this on foot. Trevor's special ability is Red Mist. Red Mist allows Trevor to take less damage and inflict more pain when he's in the zone, so he can be a little more wild and less cautious of the damage he might take.
- PS4 / PS3: X, X, Square, R1, L1, X, Right, Left, X
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: A, A, X, RB, LB, A, Right, Left, A
- PC: POWERUP
- Cell Phone: 1-999-769-3787
Raise Wanted level
If you really want to taunt the police and you can't be bothered to start the antagonism from scratch, this cheat will max out your wanted level immediately. That means you'll be descended upon by special military police in helicopters and tanks and with van-loads of support. Brace yourself.
- PS4 / PS3: R1, R1, CIRCLE, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: RB, RB, B, RT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT
- PC: FUGITIVE
- Cell Phone: 1-999-3844-8483
Lower Wanted Level
Okay, so you need to take it down and notch and you just can't shake those relentless cops? You need to lower your wanted level by entering this cheat. Each time you enter it you lower your wanted level by one star.
- PS4 / PS3: R1, R1, CIRCLE, R2, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: - RB, RB, B, RT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT
- PC: LAWYERUP
- Cell Phone: - 1-999-529-93787
When normal bullets just won't kill quick enough, you need explosive bullets. These are great for taking out heavily armoured targets and for dropping enemies with a single shot. Especially useful when going up against the police or military because those guys do not mess around.
- PS4 / PS3: RIGHT, SQUARE, X, LEFT, R1, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, L1, L1, L1
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: RIGHT, X, A, LEFT, RB, RT, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, LB, LB, LB
- PC: HIGHEX
- Cell Phone: 1-999-444-439
Flame rounds do more damage long term because after the initial hit they continue to do burn damage to your enemies, so they really are an effective way to win the fight.
- PS4 / PS3: L1, R1, SQUARE, R1, LEFT, R2, R1, LEFT, SQUARE, RIGHT, L1, L1
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: LB, RB, X, RB, LEFT, RT, RB, LEFT, X, RIGHT, LB, LB
- PC: INCENDIARY
- Cell Phone: 1-999-462-363-4279
This cheat is pure comedy. Enter it and you'll win pretty much any fist fight with a flick of the wrist and an explosive punch. Pow, indeed.
- PS4 / PS3: RIGHT, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE, R1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L2
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: RIGHT, LEFT, A, Y, RB, B, B, B, LT
- PC: HOTHANDS
- Cell Phone: 1-999-4684-2637
Slow down aim
This is similar to Michael's special ability in that it gives you a bullet time cheat but can be applied to any of the three characters. You can enter it up to four times, with each entry slowing down time further. The fifth time you enter it you'll return to normal time.
- PS4 / PS3: SQUARE, L2, R1, TRIANGLE, LEFT, SQUARE, L2, RIGHT, X
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: X, LT, RB, Y, LEFT, X, LT, RIGHT, A
- PC: DEADEYE
- Cell Phone: 1-999-332-3393
How to spawn all vehicles in GTA 5
Grand Theft Auto 5 is all about the vehicles. It has it all; sports cars, off-road, novelty rides, bikes, dad cars, helicopters, jet planes and a whole lot more. It even has a submarine. So when the main game is over and you want to explore, race or just mess about doing donuts, these are the vehicles for you.
Duke O' Death
Probably the most fun you can have on four wheels in GTA 5. This badboy is bullet proof, sounds like farts in Hell, and punches other vehicles off the freeway. You'll never go back to another muscle car. As this was added post-release, you can only spawn this using the in-game phone.
- PS4 /PS3: Dial 1-999-332-84227
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: Dial 1-999-332-84227
- PC: DEATHCAR
- Cell Phone: 1-999-332-84227
The Kraken is handy for exploring underwater and finding hidden treasure amongst the depths. Note that you have to spawn this on console using the phone, there isn't a regular cheat code for it.
- PS4 / PS3: Dial 1-999-282-2537
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: Dial 1-999-282-2537
- PC: BUBBLES
- Cell Phone: 1-999-282-2537
Dodo sea plane
Boats are generally a bit rubbish in GTA 5, so we prefer to use the Dodo as you can fly to any mission that requires water and land close by. On console you'll need to enter this cheat via the phone by pressing up on the d-pad.
- PS4 / PS3 Dial 1-999-398-4628
- Xbox One / Xbox 360 Dial 1-999-398-4628
- PC: EXTINCT
- Cell Phone: 1-999-398-4628
Spawn Rapid GT
This is one of the most fun sports cars to race in GTA 5. It's perfect for tearing up the highway.
- PS4 / PS3: R2, L1, Circle, Right, L1, R1, Right, Left, Circle, R2
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: RT, LB, B, Right, LB, RB, Right, Left, B, RT
- PC: RAPIDGT
- Cell Phone: 1-999-727-4348
Another popular racer, it handles well and is ideal for a quick getaway if the five-0 are on your ass.
- PS4 / PS3: R1, Circle, R2, Right, L1, L2, X, X, Square, R1
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: RB, B, RT, Right, LB, LT, A, A, X, RB
- PC: COMET
- Cell Phone: 1-999-266-38
Spawn PCJ-600 motorbike
If you want max speed and the chance you'll fling yourself off into oncoming traffic at any moment, may we recommend the PCJ-600? It's lethal.
- PS4 / PS3: R1, Right, Left, Right, R2, Left, Right, Square Right, L2, L1, L1
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: RB, Right, Left, Right, RT, Left, Right, X, Right, LT, LB, LB
- PC: ROCKET
- Cell Phone: 1-999-762-538
The Sanchez is an ideal off-road all-rounder. Take it up Mount Chiliad and blaze it down the other side.
- PS4 / PS3: Circle, X, L1, Circle, Circle, L1, Circle, R1, R2, L2, L1, L1
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: B, A, LB, B, B, LB, B, RB, RT, LT, LB, LB
- PC: OFFROAD
- Cell Phone: 1-999-633-7623
A kind of silly plane, but quite nice when you want to cruise and see the sights.
- PS4 / PS3: Right, Left, R1, R1, R1, Left, Triangle, Triangle, X, Circle, L1, L1
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: Right, Left, RB, RB, RB, Left, Y, Y, A, B, LB, LB
- PC: FLYSPRAY
- Cell Phone: 1-999-359-77729
The Buzzard is a favourite chopper, fully equipped with heat-seeking rockets and a machine gun. Hours of fun.
- PS4 / PS3: Circle, Circle, L1, Circle, Circle, Circle, L1, L2, R1, Triangle, Circle, Triangle
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: B, B, LB, B, B, B, LB, LT, RB, Y, B, Y
- PC: BUZZOFF
- Cell Phone: 1-999-289-9633
Spawn stunt plane
Don't get over confident and think you can instantly do amazing stunts. You can, of course, but you'll need to practise.
- PS4 / PS3: Circle, Right, L1, L2, Left, R1, L1, L1, Left, Left, X, Triangle
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: B, Right, LB, LT, Left, RB, LB, LB, Left, Left, A, Y
- PC: BARNSTORM
- Cell Phone: 1-999-2276-78676
Spawn golf cart
Are golf carts fun? We guess so, especially if driven at the same time as you apply the drunk cheat.
- PS4 / PS3: Circle, L1, Left, R1, L2, X, R1, L1, Circle, X
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: B, LB, Left, RB, LT, A, RB, LB, B, A
- PC: HOLEIN1
- Cell Phone: 1-999-4653-46-1
Take it back to the 80s and spawn yourself a fine little push bike.
- PS4 / PS3: Left, Left, Right, Right, Left, Right, Square, Circle, Triangle, R1, R2
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: Left, Left, Right, Right, Left, Right, X, B, Y, RB, RT
- PC: BANDIT
- Cell Phone: 1-999-226-348
It turns like a tank, has a crap top speed and barely fits around the tighter streets of Los Santos. Spawn yourself a limo!
- PS4 / PS3: R2, Right, L2, Left, Left, R1, L1, Circle, Right
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: RT, Right, LT, Left, Left, RB, LB, B, Right
- PC: VINEWOOD
- Cell Phone: 1-999-846-39663
Spawn Trashmaster garbage truck
This is a slow municipal truck but it's actually great for blocking streets off and it's as tough as old boots.
- PS4 / PS3: CIRCLE, R1, CIRCLE, R1, LEFT, LEFT, R1, L1, CIRCLE, RIGHT
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: B, RB, B, RB, Left, Left, RB, LB, B, Right
- PC: TRASHED
- Cell Phone: 1-999-872-433
This is ridiculous and always worth a few hours of fun. Enter this cheat and every vehicle will lose its grip, slipping and sliding all over the place.
- PS4 / PS3: Triangle, R1, R1, Left, R1, L1, R2, L1
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: Y, RB, RB, Left, RB, LB, RT, LB
- PC: SNOWDAY
- Cell Phone: 1-999-766-9329
Change world and weather effects
The next set of codes we want to look at are based around movement and the world around you, and will help you navigate Los Santos a little easier.
If you're a fan of chaos and explosions you'll probably find yourself out in the desert without a ride. If that's the case, just enter this cheat code to help you run at max speed all the time without having to tap your run button.
- PS4 / PS3: TRIANGLE, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, L2, L1, SQUARE
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: Y, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, LT, LB, X
- PC: CATCHME
- Cell Phone: 1-999-228-8463
No one likes swimming in GTA 5. But sometimes you'll end up in the drink and the need to find dry land. Enter this cheat to swim as fast as possible.
- PS4 / PS3: LEFT, LEFT, L1, RIGHT, RIGHT, R2, LEFT, L2, RIGHT
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: LEFT, LEFT, LB, RIGHT, RIGHT, RT, LEFT, LT, RIGHT
- PC: GOTGILLS
- Cell Phone: 1-999-468-44557
Spawn a parachute
Ever bailed out of a burning plane and realised you'd forgotten something? Or gotten to the top of Mount Chiliad and felt the urge to leap off the top? You'll need this handy cheat, which literally spawns you a parachute right when you need it.
- PS4 / PS3: LEFT, RIGHT, L1, L2, R1, R2, R2, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, L1
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: LEFT, RIGHT, LB, LT, RB, RT, RT, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, LB
- PC: SKYDIVE
- Cell Phone: 1-999-759-3483
This simple cheat makes you jump higher. Hold the jump button down and you'll jump higher.
- PS4 / PS3: LEFT, LEFT, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE, R1, R2
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: LEFT, LEFT, Y, Y, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, X, RB, RT
- PC: HOPTOIT
- Cell Phone: 1-999-467-86-48
You know when Trevor gets off his head and wanders around with blurred vision and unresponsive controls? This is that. Ideal for use at the weekend after a long week of tedious work.
- PS4 / PS3: TRIANGLE, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE, CIRCLE, LEFT
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: Y, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, X, B, LEFT
- PC: LIQUOR
- Cell Phone: 1-999-547-861
We've never really been sure about the point of this cheat. It basically spawns you in mid air without a parachute.
- PS4 / PS3: L1, L2, R1, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, L1, L2, R1, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: LB, LT, RB, RT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LB, LT, RB, RT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT
- PC: SKYFALL
- Cell Phone: 1-999-759-3255
Los Santos looks as beautiful in the rain as it does in the blazing sunshine. Experience all the weather GTA 5 has to offer and cycle through them all with this cheat.
- PS4 / PS3: R2, X, L1, L1, L2, L2, L2, Square
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: RT, A, LB, LB, LT, LT, LT, X
- PC: MAKEITRAIN
- Cell Phone: 1-999-625-348-7246
This is a hoot - enter the cheat and low gravity will affect the locals and their transport.
- PS4 / PS3: Left, Left, L1, R1, L1, Right, Left, L1, Left
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: Left, Left, LB, RB, LB, Right, Left, LB, Left
- PC: FLOATER
- Cell Phone: 1-999-356-2837
Much like the cheat to slow down aiming, this slows down the entire world. Enter it up to four times to really slow things down, and then a fifth time to bring everything back to the regular space time continuum.
- PS4 / PS3: Triangle, Left, Right, Right, Square, R2, R1
- Xbox One / Xbox 360: Y, Left, Right, Right, X, RT, RB
- PC: SLOWMO
- Cell Phone: 1-999-756-966