Radical Heights has a new update available and it includes plenty of items to make your character look the coolest of the cool.
Patch 2 for Boss Key Productions’ battle royale title Radical Heights is available. It includes the usual fixes and improvements that come with patches, but there are some neat new items available as well.
The scanner is the newest gadget in town, and it temporarily shows the last known location of an enemy within a certain radius.
Players can now show off their BMX skills on new bike ramps added to various locations on the Radical Heights map.
There are also 32 new new cosmetic items available such as hairstyles, dances and threads. The patch also consolidates the customization options to the Prize Room. This is a one stop spot allowing folks to customize their contestant and Kill card. Easy peasy.
Below you will find the full notes for patch 2. As with all early access title patches, there are some known issues. Be sure to check the list out here in case you run into any problems.
The free-to-play, battle royale game is currently in early access on Steam. If you’re still unfamiliar with it, we have a few answers to common questions regarding Radical Heights through the link.
Radical Heights Patch 2 – notes
- Performance optimizations when switching to and from aim down sight or scope view.
- Duos: Fixed parties disbanding after each match.
- General performance optimizations ongoing – players should see increased FPS.
- Improved ATM interaction: You can now queue as much money as you want to withdraw or deposit.
- Improved server region selection:
- Fixed issue where no region could be selected if pings were too high
- Now defaults to auto-select regions with a ping below 100ms
- Increased maximum allowed ping to select a region to 200ms
- Updates across the world.
- Various collision and geo fixes
- Art pass started on locations that were previously only greybox.
- You can now rotate your character in the menu by clicking and dragging.
- Online friends are now sorted at the top of the friends list
- Reduced the range you can hear the supply line.
- Zip lines can be grabbed from any point, instead of just the start.
- New animations for healing/eating burgers in prone and crouch.
- More crowd/announcer audio adjustments
- Audio options now work
- Added 32 New Cosmetic Items
- 4 Emotes – Rad Gems Only
- 3 New Hairstyles – Rad Gems Only
- 3 Glasses
- 1 Fanny Pack
- 2 Gloves
- 3 Shoes
- 2 Hats
- 6 Pants
- 8 Shirts
- Added 10 Kill Card Options (all free)
- 3 Backgrounds
- 3 Borders
- 4 Profile Icons
- Prize Room: All customization options have been merged into the Prize Room.
- This now displays both owned and unlockable items.
- There is now a sort option for “owned” items.
- Increased pitch up/down air control.
- Easier to stop spinning/flipping in air.
- Curbs and bumps won’t flip/spin the bike as much.
- Variable jump height: tap for a small jump to avoid small obstacles or hold & release for a fully charged jump.
- Lots of ramps added to the world to do sick flips on!
Weapons and Gear
New Gadget: Scanner – This gadget scans enemies in a large radius around the player. Enemies detected have their location at the time they were scanned revealed on the player’s mini map temporarily.
- Aug: Damage reduced
- FAL: Damage reduced
- UZI: ROF reduced, Range increased, Price increased
- HiTec: ROF reduced, Range increased
- AK74u: ROF reduced, Range increased
- M12: Range increased
- M16: Range increased, Price increased
- 1887: Spread increased
- Stakeout Shotgun: Spread increase
- Improved perspective of first person weapons in aim down sight
- ADS sensitivity slider
- ADS and sprint toggle options
- Ammo splitting
- Major changes around the map, new buildings, art passes across many areas
- Major changes to Lustful Pines Campground
- New Game Show event