Patch notes for Diablo 3’s latest update have dropped.
Diablo 3‘s Rise of the Necromancer launched yesterday, but there was a bit of housekeeping to be done before we could dive in.
Battle.net had some maintenance to get out of the way first, which wrapped up last night at around 10PM BST, so if you had work or school, or you just like to be snuggled up in bed at a reasonable hour, you may have missed it when it went live and are counting down the hours until you can get home and play later today.
The patch highlights for both versions are the same, and you can take a gander at them below. The PC version has come class and item updates that the console version doesn’t have, but changes to achievements, monsters, and Adventure Mode are consistent across all platforms.
- New Class: Necromancer
- As a master of the dark arts, you wield the powers of life and death necessary to restore the Balance! Necromancers are powerful spell casters who lay waste to their enemies using curses and reanimation—along with an obedient cadre of pets. This new class employs a controlled gameplay style using the raw materials of life: blood and bone
- Note: This class is available through the Rise of the Necromancer pack
- New Items for the Necromancer
- Over 30 new Legendary items have been added for the Necromancer class, along with four class-exclusive Sets featuring unique themes. Set Dungeons have also been added for each of the new Sets, providing you new opportunities to test your mettle
- New Feature: Challenge Rifts
- Explore new builds created by your fellow players in a weekly static dungeon! You can access these through the main screen, similar to Adventure Mode and Campaign Mode
- New Zones: The Moors & The Temple of the Firstborn
- The fog-enshrouded Moors and the darkened Temple of the Firstborn can be explored in Adventure Mode through a new waypoint on the Act 2 map
- New Bounties: Realms of Fate
- Four new Waypoints have appeared in Adventure Mode. Each one has bounties to complete. These Realms of Fate are the unintended consequences of the battle between the nephalem and Diablo in the High Heavens