PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds received its second monthly update after a few last minute wobbles.
Update: The latest patch for PlayUnknown’s Battlegrounds has actually gone live, despite on again, off again messaging from the developer.
Be sure to update Steam to get access.
— PLAY BATTLEGROUNDS (@PUBATTLEGROUNDS) May 25, 2017
Original story: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds developer Bluehole has been teasing players all week with a number of new additions coming to the game with the second monthly update.
Monthly update 2 was deployed to the game’s test servers today with a few crash issues, before its rollout to the live game today. Servers will go down on May 25 for an hour starting at 1am PDT, 4am EDT, 9am BST, and 10am CEST.
Before listing off all the changes, PlayerUnknown addressed server lag once again by saying that the studio is currently “profiling” the servers to track down the cause of the lag encountered by players. You can also expect next month’s patch to improve server performance.
— PLAYERUNKNOWN (@BattleRoyaleMod) May 23, 2017
The full patch notes for monthly update 2 can be found below:
- Improved CPU usage for world level streaming
- Improved rendering performance of fences
- Improved rendering performance of grass
- Improved rendering performance for weapons and attachments seen at distance
- Improved rendering performance by modifying certain weapon and vehicle effects that were unnecessarily rendered at distance
- Improved character animation performance
- Improved effect performance
- Improved the performance of team-mate name plate, map and mini-map in teamplay
- Added VSS. A suppressed sniper rifle with permanent 4X scope & chambered for 9mm ammo. This new weapon can be found in carepackages & as a very rare loot spawn
- Added Motorbike
- Reduced the moving speed of the two final play zones for better engagement during the endgame
- Fixed an issue where the players alive count would reduce when a player disconnected. Now the count will only go down upon the players death.
- Reduced bullet damage slightly
- Increased deviation gain per shot
- Reduced pellet damage slightly
- Increased bullet damage slightly
Action and gunplay
- Now players can put stock attachments on following weapons:
- SKS : Sniper rifle cheek pad
- Vector : Tactical stock (for M416)
- Adjusted the colour of the aiming point for the basic crossbow scope.
- Added new scope rendering method (parallax free) allowing for greater aiming precision
- Improved ADS view
- Modified recoil for following weapons: AKM, SCAR, M16, M416
- Fixed an issue allowing a player to zoom in with right click when waiting before throwing a grenade
- Decreased the time to ADS when using the 2X scope
- Added punctured wheel effect and sound
- Added burnt markings to vehicles after being destroyed
- Added the motorbike number plate image
- When a vehicle explodes, the fences near the vehicle will now also be destroyed
- Added new vegetation to the lobby
- Players can press ‘delete’ to remove their marker placed on the world map
- Adjusted the transparency of mini-map grid and coordinates text to make the map more visible
- Added a dotted line towards the next play zone on the mini-map
- Modified the icon design of the First Aid Kit
- Added Thai language in language options
- Added new key bindings for hold breath, motorbike air control and switch to previous weapon
- Improved the sound of Motorbike
- Added sound for door destruction effect
- Fixed a bug that caused vehicles to be spawned in garages consistently. Vehicles should be spawned at a higher rate in garages, but not at 100%
- Fixed an issue that disabled bullet tracing for SKS
- Fixed a bug that caused the game client to crash when a flashbang goes off
- Partially fixed bug that caused a character to get stuck in terrain, buildings or objects
- Partially fixed a bug that caused a vehicle to get stuck in buildings, fences or other vehicles
- Partially fixed a bug that caused items to be unlootable
- Fixed a bug that caused carepackages to shake when falling
- Fixed a bug that caused a throwable weapon to be thrown in the freelook direction and not the direction in which a character is facing
- Fixed an issue with two markers being visible when placing a marker in the airplane after placing it in the lobby
- Fixed a bug that caused a player icon to be doubled up on the minimap.
- Fixed a bug that caused the same colour for two teammate icons
- Fixed a bug that caused the final play zone to be created over water
- Fixed a bug that sporadically muted the rain sound
- Significantly mitigated an issue that allowed a player in a closed house to be killed by the red zone bombs
- Fixed a bug that caused animation not to stop when using consumable items while reviving a teammate
- Fixed a bug that caused a character experience the damage effect at random
- Fixed a bug that caused all teammates to enter the REVIVE state when one teammate is hit by a bomb in Red Zone while being in a vehicle
- Fixed a bug that caused the REVIVE gauge not to disappear when the character being revived is disconnected
- Fixed a bug that caused the sound volume of UMP with silencer to be too low
- Fixed a bug that caused throwable items not to drop when switching to other weapons
- Fixed a bug that caused the trace effect to not disappear after using throwable weapons
- Fixed a bug where removing the pin from a grenade was cancelled by changing the throwing posture.
- Fixed an issue with compass points not matching the actual direction when in the passenger seat of a vehicle
- Added a character animation for when dragging an item into the inventory