No Man’s Sky got a great new update last week, and Hello Games has already made it even better.
No Man’s Sky continues its evolution from refund fodder to something you might want to revisit with another quick patch.
This patch comes hot on the heels of the No Man’s Sky Path Finder update, which made a huge number of excellent changes and additions.
One of those additions was ground vehicles, which are good fun, but in their initial form, they could only be spawned on your home planet. That made them kind of useless for exploring beyond that, and since that’s kind of the point of No Man’s Sky, players were understandably annoyed by it.
Luckily, Hello Games heard and quickly acted on the feedback, and now we have No Man’s Sky patch 1.22, the most significant change of which is the ability to spawn your ground vehicles anywhere you like. Nice.
Here are the full patch notes for No Man’s Sky 1.22:
- Exocraft Geobays can now be crafted on any planet – this means vehicles can be summoned anywhere (whereas previously, vehicles could only be summoned on your home planet).
- HUD markers have been added to allow you to easily navigate back to an Exocraft Geobay
- Fixed a bug that caused vehicle weapons and mining lasers not to drain charge
- Fixed an issue which could cause the Starship cockpit to vanish when exiting
- Fixed some freighter door texture issues
- Fixed a rare crash when scanning from a vehicle
- Fixed a rare crash when feeding creatures
- Fixed an issue which caused weapons to miss-fire when using Plasma Launcher
- During warp the quick menu now hides properly as intended