For Honor is due for some big balance changes today, alongside some PC-specific fixes.
For Honor developer Ubisoft Montreal has announced a round of major balance changes coming to the game today. The tweaks are part of a live, server-side update for all platforms.
At 8am EST, 5am PST, 1pm GMT/UK servers will go offline across PC, PS4, and Xbox One for 45 minutes in order for the update to go live. The headline change here is a nerf to guard break spam that affects all heroes.
Simultaneous guard break attempts will push both players back, and subsequent simultaneous attempts will not connect.
In addition, Warlord’s full block stance will no longer activate instantly. Instead, there’ll be a 200ms delay after pressing the button. The developer said the full block stance was never intended to be a reactive tool, hence the change.
Find the full change long below:
V1.03 – live update 1
- All Heroes: Simultaneous guard break attempts will push back both players. Subsequent simultaneous guard break attempts will not connect.
- Warlord: Full block stance was not intended to be a reactive tool to replace all other defence methods. The full block stance has been delayed from instantaneous activation to a 200ms delay after the input. This will also fix some replication bugs.
- Valkyrie: Shield tackle full block property was not intended to be a reactive tool to replace all other defence methods. The shield tackle full block property has been delayed from instantaneous on activation to a 200ms delay after the input. This will also fix some replication bugs.
- Conqueror: To fix some replication bugs, the heavy attack interrupt block animation has been delayed from immediate to a 100ms delay after the input.
- Kensei: Fixed a bug that caused unblockable Top Heavy to cancel back into itself. This was never intended to work like that.
- Shugoki: Fixed a bug on Charged Heavy Attack hitting twice and being un-parry able when releasing lock during the attack. This was never intended to work like that.
On PC, the game will receive a small hotfix at the same time as the live update. The patch includes some quality of live improvements, a fix for a memory leak, and more.
V1.03 – PC hotfix 1
- Players with Intel Integrated Graphics below the minimum specification can now proceed past the warning message rather than having the game exit to desktop.
- As requested by the community, the post-match screen ‘Quit to Desktop’ option has been removed.
- A memory leak happening under specific circumstances with UPnP has been fixed.
- Improved AFK detection.