343 Industries is promising that Halo 5’s campaign will soon be updated with a score attack mode.
Halo 5 is getting a score attack mode
In a new post on Halo Waypoint, campaign engineer Gabe Deyerle promises that the scoring system used in previous Halo games will be appearing in 5, “but with a few new twists”.
There will be multipliers for different difficult levels and skulls, and in co-op you’ll be able to compete with friends for the best score.
A handful of new achievements will also be introduced with this update:
- Drop A Quarter (10): Complete a mission in Score Attack with at least 10,000 points.
- Up For A Challenge (20): Complete a mission in Score Attack with Skull multiplier of x2 or higher, and score at least 50,000 points.
- Party Hearty (25): Complete a mission in Score Attack co-op, with all participants scoring at least 200,000 points.
- The Hare (20): Beat the par time of a mission in Score Attack.
- The Tortoise (50):Complete a mission in Score Attack with at least 500,000 points.
The post promises that Score Attack will “soon be here”, but no specific time frame has been given.
Halo 5: Guardians is available exclusively on Xbox One.