The Cloaked in Silence update for Metal Gear Online will release in March, and as previously revealed, it adds new maps and Quiet as a buddy character.
Here’s word on the new maps:
- Coral Complex: A dedicated Motherbase environment, allowing players to access tall towers and use storage containers and other internal areas as cover for tactical advantage. Coral Complex mixes open areas and a myriad of hiding opportunities.
- Rust Palace: Set within Afghanistan, the Rust Palace is a large multi-level building. The skeletal nature of the decrepit ruin means that cover is scarce, while the internal areas are rich in dusty rooms and high-up sniping positions.
- Azure Mountain: An outdoor plain under Africa’s baking sky. A small cluster of buildings offers scant cover, with only derelict walls and occasional scrubland surrounding the massive rock known locally as the Cradle of Spirits.
Appeal Action, which is a new feature being added, “triggers a unique” character pose. Players ca preset up to five different slots per character with additional Appeal Action packs. These can be purchased in store.
Released in tandem to the DLC, a free update is also on the docket, bring with it a new competitive mission, Sabotage.
Here’s the description:
“Attackers must destroy or fulton an enemy missile before the round expires; but to access the missile, attackers must first hack into the Terminals to deactivate the Electromagnetic (EM) Barrier that is protecting it. Once the Terminals are hacked and the EM Barrier is deactivated, defenders can choose to reactivate the Barrier or protect the Missile.”
The Appeal Packs and expansion with the maps and Quiet will run you the following:
- Expansion Pack: ‘Cloaked in Silence’ (3 Maps + Quiet) – €3.99
- Basic Appeal Pack – €1.99
- Battle Appeal Pack – €1.99
- Dance Appeal Pack – €1.99
- Hero Appeal Pack – €1.99
Metal Gear Online is available on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. A release date other than “March” wasn’t provided in the press release.