Metal Gear Online's next update has plenty to offer both types of players.
Metal Gear Online 3 May Update: Ocelot's revolver, loads of FOB goodies
The May update for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain makes significant changes to both halves of Metal Gear Online - the multiplayer action game and Forward Operating Base system.
The update should be rolling out today, and adds the following new items and content:
- Sneaking Security Guard Stealth Camo [★9～★11]
This security feature is added to sneaking suit and battle dress uniforms of Grades 9, 10, or 11. When your security guards spot an intruder, they will activate temporary stealth camouflage and vanish from sight! Add a stealthy surprise to the defenses of your FOB.
- UA-Drome Battery Vaporizer-Equipped UAV [★9～★11]
This security feature is added to UAVs of Grades 9, 10, or 11. The UAV carries a compact microwave emitter that disables batteries in the surrounding area. Knock out the electronics of intruders into your FOB.
- OM Decoy Dummy Field of Movement Emitter [★5～]
Jams the search capabilities of an FOB defender's Intel Team, showing a false FOM prediction where the emitter is thrown.
- FB MR R-L FLTN Falkenberg Multi-Role Recoilless Rifle (Fulton Warheads) [★5～]
A recoilless rifle designed to Fulton extract targets struck by its specially-developed warhead.
- TORNADO-6 Revolver [★3～]
Ocelot's revolver of choice. Firing at solid surfaces such as walls causes a ricochet that may hit nearby enemies.
- UN-AAM-NL Non-Lethal Machine Gun
A general-purpose 5.56mm machine gun of European manufacture, specially modified to fire rubber bullets.
- Dispatch your forces to assault FOBs and aid your infiltration
This new feature allows you to dispatch a strike force to an FOB ahead of your infiltration, to knock out security devices or eliminate guards.
- Added information on Short Leagues to PF Rating screen
In addition to the virtual league battles held on a weekly basis, you can now participate in special short leagues that last just one day. Also, the PF Rating screen will now show your PF’s stats in greater detail, so be sure to check it and see how your day-to-day actions are strengthening your force.
- New soldiers arrive with unique new skills
The new skills in this update are perfect for getting a major boost to your PF Rating. Find and extract soldiers with these skills to make your force stronger than ever.
- Special online-only tasks added to the Challenge Task list
"Challenge Tasks," the special achievements that offer rewards for each one completed, now include online-only tasks. There are all kinds of tasks to try, from simple feats that can be completed with ease, to massive undertakings that will keep you trying for hours. Online Challenge Tasks will be added/changed as time progresses, so be sure to check out the latest challenges and try those you think you can achieve.
This new stuff above comes along with a stack of fixes and balance changes, as detailed in the patch notes below. Of particular note is a change to matchmaking prioritisation.
- Unique Characters: Quiet can no longer be interrogated.
- Rank: Rank increase and decrease are now displayed in the mission results.
- Score has been adjusted for each mission.
- Assist score will no longer be granted when woken up by a comrade after putting yourself into sleep or stun status.
- Damage Adjustments
- Increased damage output from the SVG-76 and M2000-D.
- Reduced the knockback and firing rate of the Uragan-5.
- Increased stamina damage when landing onto enemy players from a height.
- Reduced stamina damage from cardboard box attacks and low kicks.
- Balance Adjustments
- Demolition+ Lv.2 will no longer trigger a thrown weapon to drop when killed by a knife.
- After diving, there is now a delay before you can dive again.
- Sprint duration is now temporarily reduced after diving.
- Crawling out of a cardboard box when prone will no longer produce noise.
- Each player's network connection quality will now be displayed.
- Team creation in Automatch will now be prioritized for balanced number of players across both teams over preset party on a single team.
- The Rush Mode option is now removed from the mission selection screen in Automatch (except Xbox 360)
- Rush Mode will now occur in random frequency
- A combat log will now be displayed when a player is fulton saved or woken up from sleep or stun status by an ally.
- The time bonus XP for the Sabotage mission has been adjusted.
There are no changes to the cat hat, but I will never post about Metal Gear Online and not use the cat hat image. Cat hat forever, cat hat for president.