The Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros., Star Fox and loads more from today’s Nintendo Direct.
Today delivered the first Nintendo Direct since May. Although the platform holder has been in touch in the interim, notably at E3 2015, it’s been uncharacteristically silent for the past few months – perhaps due to the death of much-mourned CEO Satoru Iwata, who championed speaking directly to fans.
Catch up below.
The North American presentation kicked off with an acknowledgment from NoA president Reggie Fils-Aime on the passing of Iwata; he thanked fans for all their support and kind messages.
Nintendo packed a great deal of news into its 40 minute presentation. Here’s what we’ve got:
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, Wolf Link Amiibo announced
- The Legend of Zelda Wii U leverages Amiibo data, new image
- Download Xenoblade Chronicles X data packs to reduce loading times – new trailer
- Star Fox Zero release date locked down, new trailer
- Final Fantasy 7’s Cloud joins Super Smash Bros. roster
- Classic Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow re-releasing for 3DS Virtual Console
- Splatoon content update brings loads of new gear
- “Female Link” confirmed for Hyrule Warriors Legends
- The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes gets major Content update
- Super Mario Maker web portal makes finding new levels easier
- Dragon Quest 7 and 8 3DS finally coming west next year
- Gold Mega Man Amiibo launching alongside Legacy Collection
- Pokken Tournament gets Shadow Mewtwo Amiibo card
- Pokemon Picross announced
As predicted, there was no news about future console NX and Nintendo’s delayed smartphone games.