The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth delivers a staggering amount of new content at the spookiest time of the year.
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth is a much-anticipated expansion to The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, the terrific remake of Edmund McMillen’s twin-stick rogue-like. As the trailer below reveals, it can be yours on October 30.
At present our only platform guidance is that Afterbirth is launching on “Steam and other platforms”, so if you’re on 3DS, PS4, Vita, Wii U, Xbox One you may be waiting a little longer.
Afterbirth adds over 100 hours of content, according to developer Nicalis, including the following:
- Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play that features new endings and a final boss.
- Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
- Daily Runs: compete for highscore / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
- Ten totally new and awesome challenges
- 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways
- Totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons
- 120 new items, not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525
- Four new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types visual themes and surprises
- New seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game
- Expanded soundtrack
- New room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms and ultra rare closets
- Greatly expanded and updated HUD system
- Tons of new secret transformations
- Eight new bosses
- 25+ new enemies
- Updated weapon combo system
- Far too many new achievements
- 20 million new co-op babies