The first Killing Floor 2 content update has been released on Steam, and it contains the new map Volter Manor.
Set against a Swiss cliff side, Volter Manor is full of Zeds, obviously, but there’s more to the update than just a new map: Item Hunts have returned to all currently available maps.
Two new characters have also been added for players who own the original Killing Floor: classic Briar and classic Masterson with each character’s respective voice actor returning.
Today’s update also includes a number of bug fixes and other enhancements, all of which are posted below:
- New map: Volter Manor
- Added collectable items and related achievements to all 4 existing maps
- Numerous fixes to cosmetic issues and map exploits in Biotics Lab, Burning Paris and Outpost
Characters: Added two new characters for owners of the original KILLING FLOOR: Classic Briar and Classic Masterson
- Improved XP barks on player HUD
- Added “Killed by” messages on HUD
- Voice comms select on close instead of requiring a mouse click
- Update bugsplat to give us more information, which may add a delay when submitting
- Added a clientside filter for full servers (in addition to server-side)
- Increased the EndOfGameDelay to 15 seconds
- Fixed unintended extra applications of Field Medic’s Armament and Vaccination buffs when using Medic Grenades
- Slowed down AI movement speed slightly in HOE
- Crash fix for servers that have improperly set up server actors
- Fixed issues when connecting to passworded servers via command line and Steam invites
- Fixed some FX not being affected by night vision goggles when motion blur is enabled
Editor: Enabled UE stats for the SDK only
Tripwire Interactive’s Killing Floor 2 is available through Steam Early Access for PC and a SteamOS version is planned for release at a later date.
It is currently 15% off for the next 27 hours.