Gamescom is over. The dust is starting to settle, and things will soon be getting back to normal around here. If “normal” is a word I would use to describe the team here or anything else pertaining to us.
In case you missed it, you can catch Stace’s European Wrap here. I honestly, do not know what I would have done without him, Deb or Andrew this week. I would probably be lying fetal in a urine-soaked hospital gown at a fourth-rate mental institution somewhere in the southern US. Massive “props” to these guys for lending a hand. And don’t forget the illustrious Brenna either. That woman is a saint.
Now, enough of my sniveling thankfulness. It’s unbecoming. Let’s get you caught up on my shift.
- Indestructible: DICE’s Karl Troedsson on Battlefield 3
Alex Donaldson spoke to Karl Magnus Troedsson regarding Battlefield 3 and other DICE related goodness. Awesome name, Magnus.
US News Wrap:
- Watch or read Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg’s gamescom keynote online
- Persona 3 Portable hitting PSN in Europe September 7
- Smooth Criminal Edition of Saints Row The Thirds listed at EB Games Australia
- Newell: Sony should be rewarded for allowing third-party PSN integration
- Watch Borderlands 2 livestream from gamescom
- New Xbox 360 dashboard is called Twist Control, has less cluttered interface
- The Baconing: Dated for Steam, XBL, new screens
- Cross-game chat isn’t possible on PS3 due to RAM restrictions
- Gameplay trailer for PES 2012 gets out of gamescom
- Quick Shots: Street Fighter x Tekken gamecom screens
- GAME to carry Modern Warfare 3 Intel Pack exclusively
- Konami releases Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater gamescom walkthrough
- Quick Quotes: EA’s Jeff Brown responds to Eric Hirshberg’s gamescom keynote
- SWTOR PvP video featuring Huttball released
- Quick Quotes: Dragon Age 3 to be a marriage between Origins and DA2
- Leaked teaser trailer shows I Am Alive
- Friday Shorts II: Gears 3 gold, iPad 3, W8, more post-it wars, Spyro shots
You can watch or read Hirshberg’s speech from gamescom if you like.
Thanks to the name of this Saints Row the Third edition, I have had the MJ song stuck in my head all damned day. Still, those ice trays are a must have.
Nice to see Valve change its mind regarding PS3. Everyone wins this way.
We can’t wait to hear what the fellas have to say about this game later on in the week.
Twist Control? Seriously?
Whenever I write about The Baconing, it literally makes me want bacon. I smell a conspiracy involving the National Pork Producers Council.
Now we all know the real reason cross-game chat have never been implemented on PS3.
At least the bear isn’t farting in these. He shows his butt, though.
All these store exclusives are starting to confuse me.
You know you want to watch Snake in HD.
Okay. Enough. Any more of this and I will be forced to put you in time out and make you go to bed without desert.
It’s just not a Star Wars game without a Hutt someplace. Pizza or otherwise. If you get the joke, I apologize.
So, Dragon Age 3 confirmed then. Sort of.
Watch this quick before it gets pulled.
Gears 3 has gone gold. More short goodies there as well.
Today’s bit of Star Wars art was brought to you by the Wookieepedia. You would not believe the disgusting stuff I saw in Google search looking for this image. I need to go scrub my eyes out with acid.