My shift is about to wrap up, and while I will still be around to give you the skinny on the NPDs in a bit, Brenna will likely toss that in with her wrap because, well, I am just sort of assuming she will. At any rate, the lull leading up to gamescom is getting into full swing, but there’s still some nice bits and bobs for you below.
Space Marine developer diary discusses making “blockbuster entertainment”
Relic said in this video it’s taking a look at how Hollywood builds a blockbuster.
The art and sound of RAGE discussed in new developer diary
More art and sound snippets from id on RAGE. You know you want it.
Dead Island: Prologue, skill trees and zombie slaughter videoed
Killing zombies never sounded so fun.
Freefalling gameplay video released for Saints Row: The Third
We’ve had Tom Petty’s “Free Falling” song stuck in our head ever since we posted this. Damn it all to hell and back.
Black Ops video goes behind the scenes of Rezurrection with Treyarch
Zombies, shooting zombies, and well just more zombies. We all win.
Today saw the release of quite a few videos, so we took a cue from Brenna and lumped them all into a lovely box-out. Looks much more organized and clean. Shame we’re neither.
Things of Note
- The Battlefield 3 competition winners who will be visiting DICE in Sweden are: Colin (cgalla2000) and Chris Hockey. If you haven’t gotten in touch with Pat already, you need to do so.
- Johnny dropped a tease, stating that information on Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 will arrive “very soon,” according to Sega West CEO Mike Hayes.
US News Wrap
- PSA: Register for Nintendo’s Ambassador program by 11:59pm tonight
- Anderson: Most game movie directors don’t know the source material “from a hole in the head”
- Nintendo downloads August 11: Go! Go! Kokopolo, Super Adventure Island II
- Latest Rise of Isengard shots introduce us to Saruman
- World of Tanks surpasses 5 million registered players
- Analyst firm expects SWTOR to move 3 million units in first year
- End of Nations MMORTS to launch free-to-play
- Rise of the Samurai DLC announced for Total War: Shogun 2
- 2K to stream gamescom presentation live for Borderlands 2 premiere
- TrackMania 2: Canyon to release on September 14
- Quick Quotes: Avalanche on its downloadable games future
- PowerUp members can trade-in old DS at GameStop, get a 3DS system for $99
- BF3 blog update discusses building the game “from the gun out”
- Thursday Shorts II: Spyro, MotorStorm, Iran 1979, WoW, Total Recall, Witcher 2
Because sometimes, you need a bit of a reminder in the age of ADHD.
He’s right, but I can’t say I have ever seen one of these movies to know whether or not he belongs in the same category as Uwe Boll or not.
Nintendo’s usual Thursday update.
They’re taking the Hobbits to Isengard. Surely we can think of another meme for Saruman. Get to it, people.
Awesome news for tank lovers.
We still haven’t pre-ordered. We probably should so we can be part of the 3 million adopters. We hate being left out of anything.
Free is always good. Still, you can pay for this if you like as well.
Samurai are awesome, and the DLC for this looks swank at any rate.
Watch the world premiere of Borderlands 2 live at gamescome thanks to UStream.
TrackMania 2 has a release date. Don’t forget about the beta.
Why not, really. If downloadable saves money and nets more money, it would be smart to continue doing it.
Damn you GameStop. Why can’t you do shit like this when we have extra funds for such a purchase?
Battlefield 3 shots, and news on how cool the guns will be. As if guns weren’t cool to begin with or something.
A Kalypso sale on Steam, Spyro screens, WoW stuff, MotorStorm, Witcher 2 and Wold of Tanks updates, and other nice things in a small portion.
Today’s Star Wars shot was brought to you by: Worth1000.