A busy day to be sure. Check out this European news wrap with added juicy bits from Nathan and Debabrata. Plus, some financial doings and news on another arrest in connection to LulzSec, from Pat.
After yesterday’s slimmer pickings there was a relative deluge of news content sloshing about today. Steph will have another round-up at the end of her shift in a few hours, which should give you just enough time to digest this lot.
- Heavy global 3DS price cut confirmed as sales stiff
Biggest news of the day. Coming so soon after launch, this will please some consumers and enrage others. Depends if you’re yet to buy or not.
- Report: 50% of US Netflix usage is via console
Yes, there is a graph.
- Valve testing new matchmaking system for DotA 2
Twitter said so.
- Capcom Q1: Sales down, profits up
It’s not about the money, money, money. Actually, yes it is.
- Nintendo Q1: 3DS sells 0.7m, hardware price cut promised
Mo’ money, mo’ money.
- Sony Q1: PS3 hardware slumps, software rises slightly
‘Tis the season to drop those figures.
- Female Shepard vocal talent talks voice acting and favourite FemShep
‘FemShep’: it’s not a great term is it? Sounds like a form of sanitary product. Interview’s worth a read, though.
- Final Fantasy XIV producer addresses balance tweaks and combat changes
Features added swimsuit news.
- Scotland Yard arrests LulzSec frontman on Shetland Isles
Will this arrest lead to anything? The previous one didn’t.
- Quick Shots: Need for Speed: World shows off Porsche 959 and Treasure Hunt
- Alleged PS Vita RAM cut could be “good for developers”
No confirmation that the cut has taken place, just a ‘no worries’ if it’s true.
- Quick Shots: SSX Psymon, character renders, comic art
But will it have the awesome music of SSX Tricky, hmmm?
- Court ruling forces BT to block access to Newzbin2
May have future implications for videogames, may not.
- Thursday Shorts: Street Fighter, Tekken, Harada, Ono, more
And here’s some added goodness from Nathan and Debabrata:
- Cave developing exclusive shooter for Windows Phone 7
Keeping quiet about what and for when, though.
- Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 confirmed for Eurogamer Expo
Lots and lots of games at the expo. Lots.
- Ubisoft always on DRM not required for From Dust’s single-player
Ubisoft and DRM in the headlines. Again.
- Bowling “not too worried” about reactions to NYC terrorist attack in Modern Warfare 3
- EA responds to Dragon Age II Steam disappearance, blames Valve’s “restrictive” TOS
More PC download bureaucracy. Tsk, it’s the consumers that lose out, folks.
- Nintendo confirms holiday release for Super Mario 3DS and Mario Kart 7
This confirmation + the 3DS price cut could shift a few units.
- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games release date announced
- Resistance 3 beta participant releases 10 minutes of raw footage
Raw and bloody.
And that’s all from me. Johnny returns tomorrow and I’ll be back in a few weeks for more news coverage, just in time for gamescom.
In the meantime, I’ll be dropping by with some more hands-on impressions of the games set for release over the next few months.
Good bye and good luck.