It’s that magical time again, friends. That time in the early evening when the eastern portion of the US is heading home from work. Gridlock forms on the major highways, business men in suits are flipping soccer mom’s off for driving 55mph in the fast lane, and truckers are wondering what fresh hell awaits them once they turn onto the interstate. Thankfully, we deal with none of this because we work from home, delivering you gaming news as it happens throughout the day. Get caught up on what happened today during my shift below.
- Friday Shorts II: Walmart, YES, Ono x Harada, WoW, indie
- Inafune’s first game is a mobile titled The Island of Dr. Momo
- Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition shot pops up
- Deus Ex Comic-Con panel discusses creating a believable world
- Aliens: Infestation gameplay video shows Space Marines doing battle
- Prague-based Warhorse formed by former Mafia and ArmA developers
- Rumor – AC:Revelations Seizure video is a Ubi project
- Quick Quotes: Bowling on the various studios working on CoD franchise
- Paragon chats about City of Heroes: Freedom at Comic-Con panel
- Videos for Resistance 3 Comic-Con panel and Global Resistance released
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning may be released in February, says McFarlane
- Quick Shots: Two screens for Silent Hill HD Collection released, shaky-cam footage out of Comic-Con
- SWTOR video asks you to Join the Fight
- Quick Shots: Silent Hill: Downpour screens are dreary
- PlayStation Official App Version 1.1 Is Now Available
- Ed Boon added Freddy Krueger to Mortal Kombat because he “made sense”
- Call of Duty Elite beta walkthrough video from Beachhead released
- The Gunstringer comes with a token to download Fruit Ninja Kinect
- Quick Shots: A couple new screens of Modern Warfare 3 turn up
- Turbine to launch Rise of Isengard beta on July 27
- Nintendo 3D Video Service launches on 3DS
- SWTOR Comic-Con panel discusses personalized classes, light speed
A second batch of shorts for the day featuring Yoshinori Ono and Katsuhiro Harada doing very odd things for almost 10 minutes.
Keji Inafune has announced his first game since leaving Capcom, and it’s called The Island of Dr. Momo. It’s for mobiles in Japan.
Robert Bowling has posted a picture of the Hardened Edition of Modern Warfare 3. Bowling said more on this edition will be revealed during the Call of Duty XP event in September.
The development team for Deus Ex: Human Revolution explained to attendees at a Comic-Con panel how it set about creating a believable world with present-day events that also ties into the Deus Ex series.
A gameplay video out of Comic-Con has been released for WayForward’s side-scrolling action-adventure, Aliens: Infestation.
Members of 2K Czech and Bohemia Interactive have formed a new studio in Prague called Warhorse, where the new firm is working on an RPG.
A video posted on Kiwi titled Assassins Creed Revelations Seizure – Ubisoft, shows a supposed project at Ubisoft Cinematics. We think it has something to do with the origins of the The Animus, but we’re not sure, so we rumored it.
“We’re at a state now in the Call of Duty franchise, where you have several teams working on CoD that have their own very distinct styles on what type of gameplay they deliver. And I think that’s a great thing for Call of Duty in general, especially if you’re having games come out every year.” .. more through the title link.
During the City of Heroes panel at Comic-Con, Paragon Studios’ lead game designers chatted with attendees about the MMO going free-to-play, and the new content upsate.
Sony has released a video from Comic-Con, which contains highlights from the Resistance 3 panel as well as one for Global Resistance.
Todd McFarlane has told folks attending Comic-Con that Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is scheduled for a February release, “unless [EA] tells us otherwise.”
The title says it all, really. Go have a look.
Bioware has released the Comic-Con trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic, and it asks you to “join the fight”.
Konami has released some new screenshots from Vatra’s Silent Hill: Downpour, and each is a bit dreary. Not like any of the Silent Hill games are full of unicorn and rainbows or anything, just an observation is all.
Sony has announced version 1.1 of the PlayStation Official App has been released.
Ed Boon has said the inspiration for adding Freddy Krueger to Mortal Kombat as a DLC character was because NetherRealm wanted to add a famous character into the series that fit with the overall theme.
One of Swords has posted a video walkthrough for Call of Duty Elite, featuring the team leaders at Beachhead.
Twisted Pixel has announced The Gunstringer and Halfbrick’s Fruit Ninja Kinect will be bundled together at retail for £29.99/$40.
Videogame.de has previewed Modern Warfare 3, and in the write-up are two new shots of the game.
Turbine has announced the beta for its new Lord of the Rings Online content, Rise of Isengard, will open up on July 27. The beta program is is Invite-only.
Nintendo has announced 3D video service for 3DS owners has gone live, and the service will feature exclusive video content related to music, comedy, animation and Hollywood.
During a Star Wars: The Old Republic Comic-Con panel, BioWare chatted with attendees about character classes. personal story, exploration, and confirmed the slated release window of holiday 2011for the MMO.
You can find the European Wrap here.