Yesterday Amazon UK released a list of the games that had seen the most significant increases in pre-order numbers during gamescom. Now it has revealed what games were actually pre-ordered the most.
The games that saw the biggest increases in pre-orders were Project CARS and Wii U titles, as these likely had relatively low pre-order numbers, so any increase in orders would have lent them a significant percentage increase.
In terms of pure sales, MCV obtained the list, and the results are less surprising:
1. FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Edition (PS4)
2. FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Edition (Xbox One)
3. FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Edition (Xbox 360)
4. FIFA 15 (PS4)
5. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – Day Zero Edition (Xbox One)
6. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – Day Zero Edition (PS4)
7. The Sims 4 – Limited Edition (PC DVD)
8. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4)
9. FIFA 15 (Xbox 360)
10. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
FIFA 15 dominates the top 4, which is usually the case in the UK, and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare follows it up, the Day Zero edition netting players 24-hours early access to the game. The reason these games didn’t make an appearance on yesterday’s list is because they would already have been enjoying high pre-order numbers. While both EA and Activision would no doubt have liked to see bumps when the games were shown off at gamescom, they’re unlikely to be too unhappy with this list.