You’ve played 6,461,871 games in Destiny’s PS4 alpha

Saturday, 21st June 2014 14:39 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Alpha testers for the PlayStation 4 version of Destiny have logged 6,461,871 games since things kicked off on June 12. You are all unstoppable, Dreg-killing machines and you are to be commended.

The stats don’t end there, though: apparently so many Guardians “got served” in Dance Parties Bungie would have spent ages trying to tally it up.

Check out more lovely numbers below:

• 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
  • 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
  • 667,966 Public Events Joined
  • 2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered
  • 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills
  • 6,461,871 Player Games Played
  • 6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible
  • 21,687,298 Super Ability Kills
  • 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills
  • 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice
  • 149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills

“A lot of our friends asked us if this was a real Alpha,” said community manager David Dague. “It was. We’ve gathered a mountain of data and feedback. We’re learning and reacting and Destiny is going to be better because of it.

“You’ll see the fruits of that labor as early as next month, assuming we’re lucky enough to have you in our Public Beta.”

Bungie recently extended the PS4 Alpha in order to perform some “experiments” with the gameplay, so watch out.

The beta starts on July 17 and the game is out on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in September.

1. Redh3lix

Given those stats and the fact I didn’t play the Alpha, I presume it’s worth “instabuy” status?

#1 3 months ago
  2. Luciferous

@Redh3lix I was dubious before the alpha, after it i was ready to hand over the monies for the game. I can’t wait for beta just to dick around a bit more and stumble in to places where the enemy level is ‘???’ and then run like hell.

Played as a Hunter and adored the class, will be trying the others during beta just to be certain, but i really liked Hunter :D

#2 3 months ago
  3. Sham8nix

@luciferous same here man I was very dubious before I played alpha but after I went straight ahead and preordered it! I also was loving it playing the Hunter class bit am keen to check our other classes when the beta rolls in. Looking forward to playing the warlock!

#3 3 months ago
  4. jmg24bad

I was also one who doubted destiny was anything but over hyped call of duty hot garbage. It looked boring as hell in trailers (looked very pretty btw). I thought it was gonna flop. But then I tried the alpha (this good in alpha, full game must be a treat) and good Lord it was great. Pre ordered 2 days ago. And can’t wait to get my hands back on it.

#4 3 months ago
  5. KAP

Like everyone above me, I was luke-warm, and even felt guilty I didn’t care much on it but played, loved it, gonna buy it.

Coming from someone who avoid Borderlands due to it’s subject matter and look, I’m shocked I love Destiny.

Gripes: I just wish the star map was more appealing instead of it being quite bland. Have a more Mass Effect world map and have ship interiors that immerses the player further.

Honestly I tried really hard to find another gripe but I can’t, I kno when the full game is out it’s gonna have loads more stuff so I can’t complain further.

I can’t wait.

#5 3 months ago
  6. polygem

i was hyped 2 years ago when this was only a rumor because it promised everything i wanted from a shooter game. the fact that it was made by bunngie made me very excited by it´s own because if one dev can make this feel right it´s probably them. i preordered the game the first day you could (eventhough i am now considering to buy it digital as soon as it releases) and registered for the beta. i hate everyone with a passion who played the alpha :D
    i didn´t. i was on vacation – dying a little inside.
    so can´t wait to get some hands on time with this finally and so happy about the positive feedback it received from the guys who have played it. all very promising stuff.
    probably, hopefully a game that i will keep on playing and playing over the next years. worth buying a system for.

#6 3 months ago
  7. pukem0n

those stats have the same use as Microsoft saying 1 Billion zombies were killed in Dead Rising 3.

It says nothing and nobody cares, but it sounds a lot i guess

#7 3 months ago
  8. Dimaco

Same here: I was a bit skeptical at the beginning, but I played the alfa and went straight on with the preorder. Loved the passion even the alfa showed, can’t wait for the beta, not to mention the actual game!
    This really seems it’s gonna take a whole lot of my future gaming hours… Cheers! :-)

#8 3 months ago