Will Witcher 3 look very different on PS4 and Xbox One? CD Projekt RED isn’t so sure

Tuesday, 13th May 2014 11:28 GMT By Dave Cook

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt developer CD Projekt RED has been probed – yet again – on whether or not the RPG will look and run better on either PS4 or Xbox One. From the sounds of it, they aren’t really bothered as long as the game is ace.

the_witcher_3_preview_screens_09

Eurogamer asked studio co-founder Marcin Iwinski for his thoughts on claims that Witcher 3 will run better on PS4, to which he replied, “We are still working on squeezing the juice out of the consoles and Microsoft are supporting us in this respect.

“The final effect, whether it’s 720p, 1080p – we had the debate in the studio about it and actually asked our tech guys to explain how it works, and they sent me some complicated graphs that ‘if I have this size of the screen, and I sit one meter or two meters from it, then I might be able to see the difference’.

He suggested that this claim is being used as ammo in the format war cannons, by adding, “It’s more of a PR differentiation, which is very important for Sony right now – and they are using it, obviously – than something that is really meaningful to gamers.

“We’re definitely working to max out each of the platforms in terms of what we can get, because that’s a crucial element of The Witcher. Will there be big differences? Really I don’t think so. It’s too early to say. If there will be, they will be tiny. It will be more like people talking ‘hey, I have this and you have that and this is better’.”

Do you care about resolution and frame-rate in The Witcher 3? Is it being used as a marketing tool? Let us know below.

1. aseddon130

why continue to post these kinds of ‘reports’ its simple fanboy bait at best.

#1 4 months ago
  2. Patrick Garratt

@aseddon130 That’s what he’s saying in the story, though. That it doesn’t matter.

#2 4 months ago
  3. Erthazus

That’s not a fanboy bait. He is just trying to explain how it works.

Xbox One is really a weak console. Don’t understand what they were thinking when they started to design that machine. It’s inferior to the Ps4 in every way except for some minor things that no one cares about.

Anyway, Witcher 3 on the PC will have the best controls, graphics 1080p/2k/4k and 60+ fps.

#3 4 months ago
  4. Panthro

@Erthazus

Anything above 30fps and 720p/900p is overkill anyway, especially on my 51″ screen, all I wanna do is kick back with mates with a controller and drink some mountain dew, I cannot do that on pc with those tiny ass screens and its impossible to relax while using a keyboard since they were first invented for office excel slave work and have never been improved since.

#4 4 months ago
  5. Erthazus

@Panthro ahahahaha :D nice one.

#5 4 months ago
  6. Panthro

@Erthazus

Saw through it, I’m getting to obvious. :D

#6 4 months ago
  7. Gheritt White

@Panthro Also, PC gamers don’t have any mates – that’;s why they spend ALL THEIR TIME on forums.

#7 4 months ago
  8. Panthro

@Gheritt White

That reality check made me sad :’( Why you do that Gherrit, why? :’(

#8 4 months ago
  9. ManuOtaku

Not all gamers find meaningful the need to achive a pixel count in detriment of framerate, and the same fot the other way around.
    I think let the developers have the time to find the proper tools and methods in order to achive a great pixek count and a solid framerate. Right now they want developers to achive that gold milestone no matter, and this is putting and unnecesary pressurw on developers, let this flow and evolve naturally. We deserve games that not only look great but plays good as well.

#9 4 months ago
  10. aseddon130

i could reword my first post as ‘Erthazus bait’ too !

#10 4 months ago
  11. mistermogul

I’m glad these devs are using each machine to its strengths and if that means better resolution on PS4 over Xbone then that’s what they’ll do.

In other words I’m glad they’re not making one version lesser to match the weakest one in order for them to be equal…

#11 4 months ago
  12. mxmassef

@Erthazus
    You should add some pc will run the game 680p and 15 fps in your comment :) .

#12 4 months ago
  13. fearmonkey

Witcher dev has always seem to favor MS from what I have read. It’ll be getting witcher 3 on PC, if its not 1080p Im not as interested in it on console, unless it’s a console exclusive.

#13 4 months ago