Warframe developer Digital Extremes has released the free shooter’s 13th update on PlayStation 4. Dark Sectors introduces a new Warframe type, additional content and exclusive PS4 features.
In a press release sent to VG247 today, Digital Extremes confirmed that Warframe is the second-most downloaded app on PS4, and spooled off the following patch notes for the update:
- Custom controller scheme for PS Vita Remote Play feature, Exclusive PS4 color picker to customize your Warframe and the vitally important performance optimizations!
- Rising from the ocean depths, HYDROID harnesses the power of water with a devastating effect.
HYDROID ‘s powers include:
- Tempest Barrage – Calls down a barrage of liquid fury
- Undertow – Become a water trap and drown unsuspecting enemies
- Tidal Surge – Crash through enemies in a ferocious wall of water
- Tentacle Swarm – Summon a watery creature from the deep to wreak total havoc
- Your melee weapons have never been so powerful and your Warframe never so agile! Fully equip your melee weapon, add Combo Chaining, Equip State and Stance Mods and realize an entirely new melee system for your Warframe. Block attacks, combine moves, become more ninja!
- End game is in the lost outposts of the Solar System. Ready your Clan and build Solar Rails to lay claim to these Dark Sectors on the Star Map. Collect Tribute, a form of transit fare, from everyone who uses your rail but stay alert, Tenno — other Clans can try to overtake your Sector.
NEW WEAPONS –
- ATTICA – Quickly fire off a volley of deadly bolts with the Attica Repeating Crossbow.
- NAMI SKYLA – Like the surge and crash of storm waves, a master of the Nami Cutlass and Skyla Dagger turns these two separate weapons into one fluid attack.
- NIKANA – The Nikana Katana reintroduces a lost Tenno blade and with it another fragment of the old ways.
NEW PRIME WEAPON
- Lex Prime joins the ranks of elite Prime weapons.
MELEE WEAPON ATTACHMENTS
- Four new Sugatra Melee Weapon Attachments display the martial finesse and skill of its master.
NEW WEAPON SKINS
- The Shock Camo Skins’ bold patterns are designed to confuse the optical processing of both robotic and organic enemies.
- Vay Hek’s Prosecutors and Guardsmen pose new threats. Find the elemental damage type they’re vulnerable to and take them down!
NEW SENTINEL SKIN
- Add the Para Skin to your Carrier! The perfect companion for the new Hydroid Warframe.
- Explore this new Grineer Shipyard Tileset in the Ceres planetary region.
- Ten new Dojo Rooms are now available!
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.