Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire announced, coming November 2014

Wednesday, 7th May 2014 15:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will launch worldwide in November 2014 on 3DS, Nintendo has announced.

The new adventure is a “fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire,” which launched in 2003 and were fan-favorite hits on the Game Boy Advance system.

The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world.

More news and information is expected to roll out leading up to the worldwide launch in November.

1. Legendaryboss

Oh that was unexpected…

Well at least I know it will own the travesty that was X & Y, only if they don’t mess up certain aspects/shoehorn in X & Y aspects.

#1 8 months ago
  2. Legendaryboss

Wait a second is this a remake or prequel/sequel?

#2 8 months ago
  3. YanouSefirosu

Life is beautiful.

#3 8 months ago
  4. Dragon

Would be very interesting to see how it performs. Intrigued.

#4 8 months ago
  5. Legendaryboss

I found out its a remake.

Thanks, that “new adventure/world” is extremely misleading, different would have been a better word.

#5 8 months ago
  6. ManuOtaku

well i never actually played those, didnt had that many income back in the day, so i hope this are good.

#6 8 months ago
  7. the_8th_samurai

How about a pokeball game for the Wii u? You know, to help get the console out of the ground and spur sales? Just an idea…

#7 8 months ago
  8. ManuOtaku

@the_8th_samurai i believe because besides pokemon stadium on N64, there hasnt been any good pokemon game on consoles, they tend to be better on portable. It might be on purpose as an strategy or something.

#8 8 months ago
  9. heyvc

@the_8th_samurai That would make The Wii U outsell ps4 and x1 together. A 3D pokemon game that when you cast a pokemon you play as it. Like Ni no kuni but Better.

#9 8 months ago
  10. Shmeedy24685

Going to get a 3DS this summer, I had an original DS when it came out but somebody knocked me and the DS slipped out of my hand and a bus ran over it and I haven’t replaced it.

#10 8 months ago
  11. life28

I am sick of these pixelated pokemon games, I want real AAA pokemon game for my nextgen console, omg Poor Nintendo wake up and see how many PC and console players want real pokemon MMO

#11 8 months ago
  12. Takeshi

Sweet! Never played these so will definitely check them out. Hopefully, they take a lot of cues from X&Y. It’s very tough to play the old games when you’re coming from X&Y.

#12 8 months ago
  13. Obernox

Wow… Didn’t we just get X and Y?

#13 8 months ago
  14. hitnrun

@13: Yes, but you can’t really blame them because they’ve been doing it for almost two decades and the customer keeps rewarding them.

If you want to be “someone who plays Pokemon” and do the whole bit with friends and events, you commit to buying a new one every 18 to 24 months and then grinding through it to the end game. I haven’t bought Pokemon in over a decade for that exact reason. I don’t begrudge anyone their fun, but I don’t have the time for that.

#14 8 months ago
  15. fihar

@Obernox
    Yes, and we’d most likely be getting the enhanced version of X & Y sometime next year.

And you know what? I’m probably the biggest sucker in the world for falling for this shit ever since it started and I dare say for the foreseeable future.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

#15 8 months ago
  16. TheKingInYellow

@Obernox Pokemon has been on a yearly cycle for quite some time. I was surprised they announced this, but then remembered that Ruby/Sapphire is over 10 years old.

I hope they take some time to redo the zones and Pokemon distribution in the early game though. WAAAAAAY too many Zigzagoons and Bidoofs.

#16 7 months ago