Ocarina of Time’s the Temple of Time recreated with Unreal Engine 4

Tuesday, 6th May 2014 16:11 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Imagine if you will, one of the most revered Nintendo games being recreated using Unreal Engine 4. The idea is interesting, and thanks to Michael Eurek, we now know what The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time would look like using Epic Game’s engine. Below, is a video showing Eurek’s recreation the game’s Temple of Time along with his personal adaptations. Enjoy.

1. mistermogul

While it looks awesome, I’m not sure Zelda would be right with graphics/art style like that. It looks a bit too serious and cold imo…

Then again I could just be smokin too much crack!

#1 8 months ago
  2. SN3AK

@mistermogul You can’t smoke too MUCH crack.

#2 8 months ago
  3. kingy

I would shit in my pants if Nintendo ever released something this good

#3 8 months ago
  4. fearmonkey

KInd of reminds me of serious sam a bit.

#4 8 months ago
  5. ManuOtaku

I do prefer windwaker visual style, but iam very biased, i love cell shaded graphics.

#5 8 months ago
  6. TERMINATOR-SSD

mmmm but could it run on the Wii U…..mmmmm

#6 8 months ago
  7. The_Red

@mistermogul
    Actually this theme and art style is exactly what Zelda needs.
    Look at Twilight Princess’ initial reveal. It was the serious and rather cold look that made people cry out loud when it was first shown. Later, the game got closer and closer to warming / classic style and in the end was trapped in a limbo.

Of course this is coming from someone who believes that Souls games are pretty much adult Zelda games and have already surpassed Nintendo titles, so maybe I just need some Project Beast.

#7 8 months ago
  8. Fluffytoast

This looks great and all, but I must admit, I prefer the Wind Waker style of graphics, I feel like there’s plenty of other ‘serious’ games in a medieval setting that look great. I fully reccomend Wind Waker HD to anyone who enjoyed that art style, it looks even better on the Wii U.

#8 8 months ago