Dragon Age: Inquisition release date announced in new gameplay trailer

Tuesday, 22nd April 2014 14:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dragon Age: Inquisition will be released in October, Bioware announced in a new gameplay trailer this morning.

Players can pre-order Dragon Age: Inquisition to get special bonus content. Visit the Dragon Age website for more information on editions, including the Deluxe Edition available for pre-order and the upcoming Inquisitor’s Edition.

The third entry in the series will be released on October 7 for PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in North America and in Europe on October 10.

If you missed the cover art Brenna posted overnight, you can have a look through the link.

There’s also a new batch of lovely screenshots below.

1. Mike W

#1 4 months ago
  2. Nickwpearce

October is an expensive month, and i assume more will be added come june

Alien: Isolation
    Dragon Age III: Inquisition
    Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley
    Tropico 5
    Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    Skylanders: Trap Team
    Batman: Arkham Knight
    Raven’s Cry

#2 4 months ago
  3. heyvc

A-N-I-M-A-L !!!!

They are truly giving their best to make right for the DA fans after DAII.
    DA:O awesome. DA II some improvements but not a great story, rehash areas.. felt rushed.
    And now they are taking they time and It looks AWESOME and promising.

#3 4 months ago
  4. Dark

It looks looks fantastic!!

@Nickwpearce
    DA I , Batman: AK , and Shadow of Mordor is all i need , it’s going to be a great month for sure!

#4 4 months ago
  5. Edo

LOL the same day as Alien Isolation and Middle earth:Shadow of Mordor,this is going to be interesting.

#5 4 months ago
  6. Mike W

@Nickwpearce

yea it is, but I’m only getting this (Dragon Age), Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and Batman: Arkham Knight.

What is Raven’s Cry?

#6 4 months ago
  7. o0die

Holy Shit that looks good. If they deliver on all of their promises, and I do mean all, I would gladly accept Bioware back into my life. Shit I hope they deliver, I can’t take another clusterfuck like DAII, but it sure does look like they might.. :>

#7 4 months ago
  8. POOhead

Wow im actually surpised by this, actually looks decent

#8 4 months ago
  9. foofly

Am I the only person to not see any gameplay in this gameplay trailer?

#9 4 months ago
  10. bradk825

This looks fantastic. Between what they are doing with the combat, especially dragon combat, the updates to the storytelling and the leadership system, this is going to be a “spend-way-to-much-time” kind of game for me.

#10 4 months ago
  11. Legendaryboss

@POOhead Because EA? Understandable, they’ve been too nice recently: creeps me the fuck out.

#11 4 months ago
  12. macronia

very good veeeeery good , is it only me that see the game looks like third person over the shoulder not view from above as 1,2 ??

#12 4 months ago
  13. Erthazus

Game looks nice but the faces are an ancient last gen history. They look awful.

#13 4 months ago
  14. POOhead

@Legendaryboss nah cause its bioware, they dropped the ball after me2

#14 4 months ago
  15. YoungZer0

@Erthazus

That actually looks like it would be intentional. The game has a sort of anime-cartoon feel to it, which I think is a great way to make itself stand out. Dragon Age 2 was already very similar to this.

#15 4 months ago
  16. stretch215

That looked awesome. I’m grabbing this one most likely.

#16 4 months ago
  17. Obernox

FUCK. Terrible time for me. I think i’ll add this to my PS4 game list.

#17 4 months ago
  18. Stephany Nunneley

Screenshots added.

#18 4 months ago
  19. Erthazus

@YoungZer0 I’m not talking about look of the faces. They are alright. I’m talking about facial animation. Motion capture pretty much does not exist and it’s poorly made compared to everything else that is in the trailer.

#19 4 months ago
  20. Hcw87

We haven’t seen any ingame conversation scenes yet (these are just poor semi-CGI scenes), so it’s a bit early to judge the facial animations yet. The actual gameplay in the video looked better than the Varric/Cassandra scenes.

Also: http://i.imgur.com/H60U2RO.jpg (semi spoilers)

#20 4 months ago
  21. Panthro

First two passed me by because I thought they looked poo at the time, this looks really good though.

#21 4 months ago
  22. Opalauge

???? Why all these compliments ????

This is as far away from Next Gen as a whale is from landing on the moon! It can barely compete withe The Witcher 2…it’s visually as crappy as the predecessors.

#22 4 months ago
  23. Dendroball

@Opalauge Yeah sure … that’s like your opinion man … and ridiculous/hyperbolic at that.

#23 4 months ago
  24. The_Red

@Erthazus
    I usually disagree with your graphical criticisms but have to agree on the facial movements. I don’t think they’re bad by any stretch but definitely feel week and almost devoid of modern motion capture.

The semi-lame way that facial features move is in direct contrast to the rather beautiful and stylized design of them. Still, outside this little hurdle, the game looks stunning. Hell, it has mostly avoided the “generic fantasy” look of original DA (Aesthetically speaking).

#24 4 months ago
  25. M. K.

Nice. I love Dragon Age and I can’t wait to play this. To me it looks more and more like Dark Souls, but I hope they will keep the dynamic gameplay.

#25 4 months ago