Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth was announced as the latest triple-A title from Firaxis Games today during a PAX East 2014 panel.
The game is said to be the spiritual successor to 1999’s Alpha Centuari, which should make fans of the lauded sci-fi turn-based strategy game extremely happy.
Here’s a list of featured mentioned in the article:
- Players will go beyond earth as with Alpha Centauri.
- The game starts on an alien world.
- Lush, Airy and Fungal are the three world types.
- Cities built can be expanded to other planets which will include outposts.
- The player can be the first human to explore a new planet and they may encounter neutral creatures and races.
- Relics are in the game.
- Diplomacy can be used with other players from the beginning of the game.
- Fog of War is still present.
- Orbital units can be commanded like satellites.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.