Watch Dogs Wii U delayed further due to resources, other versions coming before June

Tuesday, 11th February 2014 08:41 GMT By Dave Cook

Watch Dogs publisher Ubisoft has confirmed that the Wii U edition has been delayed due to the allocation of resources elsewhere.

The release slip was announced during Ubisoft’s investor call last night, however, the publisher promised that Watch Dogs will release before June on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Ubisoft’s Wii U build has slipped further. Ubisoft told investors last night, “We made the difficult decision to further delay the release of Watch Dogs on Wii U to focus the team’s resources where they could have the broadest possible benefit for both our customers and Ubisoft.”

What do you make of this one?

Via Eurogamer.

1. botherer

You could probably have given yourself the credit for that story : )

#1 8 months ago
  2. Fin

I think we need the fucking account system to work properly. I get a message that I need to log in when I try to add a comment, then nothing happens when I click log out (just a ?loggedout=true on the url), so I have to manually delete VG247 cookies to post a comment.

#2 8 months ago
  3. The_Red

@Fin
    The site relaunch has been a small disaster IMO. I had that problem for a week and had to use a different systeam and browser (the freaking IE) to fix it. The placement of comments WAY down (Instead of the close proximity of main article like old VG) is bad. Lack forums is bad. Having 4 separate places for stories (Breaking, Featured, Main and Mid-sides) is just confusing and off-putting while the latest comments section is just useless.

I really REALLY hope there is a second update on the way because VG247 is one of my fave gaming sites. The readers AND the staff deserve a better interface.

#3 8 months ago
  4. dsr

@The_Red
    I’ve blocked half of the site frames with Adblock so comments are right under the article.

#4 8 months ago
  5. The_Red

@dsr
    Makes sense. It also proves how much VG has hurt its audience and itself because more of them are FORCED to use adblock and adblocks in turn will probably hurt them :(

#5 8 months ago
  6. tenthousandgothsonacid

Yep, new design is so sucky I visit once a day rather than hourly and I’m losing interest in that. Smart of Pat to leave before unleashing this clusterfuck.

#6 8 months ago