EA Sports UFC will include Forrest Griffin, Chan Sung Jung, and Costas Philippou. No idea how these fine gentlemen are? Find out through the break.
EA supplied the following bios for each new roster announcement:
Chan Sung Jung
- Nickname: The Korean Zombie
- Current Record: 13-4-0
- From: Po-Hang, South Korea
- Fights Out Of: Seoul, South Korea
- Age: 26
- Height: 5’7″ (170 cm)
- Weight: 145 lbs (65 kg)
- Strengths: Punching Power, Granite Jaw, Aggressiveness
- One of the most popular fighters hitting the canvas for the UFC in recent years, Chan Sung Jung also boasts one of the best nicknames in the game – and a has a style to match. Known for his unrelenting pressure, the “Zombie” never stops coming. Combine that with an incredible ability to absorb damage and it’s easy to see why Jung’s fights are often memorable wars. After winning Fight of the Year honors against Leonard Garcia in 2010, he became the first fighter in UFC history to submit someone with a Twister when he bested Garcia in their 2011 rematch.
- Nickname: NA
- Record: 19-7-0
- From: Columbus, Ohio, USA
- Fights Out Of: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Age: 34
- Height: 6’3″ (190 cm)
- Weight: 205 lbs (93 kg)
- Strengths: Well rounded, Good Grappling Skills, Heart
- Looking back at his MMA career, it’s not hard to see why Forrest Griffin has been a longtime favorite of UFC fans around the world. A cast member on the inaugural season of The Ultimate Fighter, Griffin’s televised season-finale bout against Stephen Bonnar became an instant classic, and is widely credited with putting the UFC on the mainstream map in North America. Never short on heart, Griffin went on to become a veteran of the Octagon, capturing the Light Heavyweight champion in 2008.
- Nickname: NA
- Current Record: 12-3-0, 1NC
- From: Limassol, Cyprus
- Fights Out Of: Long Island, NY, USA
- Age: 34
- Height: 5’11” (180 cm)
- Weight: 185 lbs (84 kg)
- Strengths: Striking
- A constant threat in the UFC’s Middleweight division, Costas Philippou has been hard at work making a name for himself in MMA since taking his first pro bout in 2008. A highly-skilled striker and former professional boxer, the hard-hitting Cyprus native packs enough power to end any of his fights by knockout, and boasts six wins by KO in his MMA career. With another win-streak, Philippou stands to establish himself as a true contender in his division.
EA Sports UFC is due on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in northern spring.