Warframe age rated for Xbox One

Wednesday, 1st January 2014 23:17 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Warframe, the free-to-play sci-fi ninja shooter lately making waves as an early PlayStation 4 release, looks to be headed to Xbox One.

PEGI has added an Xbox One listing for the title alongside the existing PC and PS4 versions.

There’s been no word from Microsoft, and developer Digital Extremes told Joystiq that it has “nothing to announce at this time”.

Warframe puts players in the role of a Tenno, a race of aliens capable of piloting ancient technologies in their battle against an enslaving race; Warframes are, essentially, different classes. The third-person action game takes place in randomly generated arenas and has a strong emphasis on co-operative play.

Digital Extremes is best known for the excellent but undersold The Darkness 2, but it jobs widely, working on the Unreal and BioShock series, as well as Homefront. It also produced the poorly-received Star Trek game last year.

1. Silent Killer01

free-to-play*

#1 7 months ago
  2. KineticCalvaria

It was crap on pc and it’s still crap I’m afraid.

#2 7 months ago
  3. gameoholic007

I hate f2p games, they nickle n’ dime you to death, and you’ll end up paying a lot more than the games worth. I have it for the PS4 and it is fun, but a total buzzkill when you want to get upgrades, and have to spend a fortune to get them.

#3 7 months ago
  4. lexph3re

It’s a really fun game if you get into it. I have been into other things lately but still have a relatively great experience overall with it.

#4 7 months ago
  5. bradk825

Anything labeled “sci-fi ninja shooter” needs to be given a chance I think.

#5 7 months ago
  6. nykilla80

I downloaded this on my PS4 and I think its extremely boring. PSN is not like Xbox Live. On Xbox Live, most people who are playing at least chat and talk about the game. When I played it on PSN nobody was chatting, I had NO IDEA what to do and before I knew it, the mission was over and the objectives completed.. I have no idea what Im supposed to do on this game. I’ll give it another shot when it comes to Xbox One. At least I know people will be talking about what to do..

#6 7 months ago