DayZ Standalone – early access is available to download now

Monday, 16th December 2013 20:47 GMT By Sam Clay

DayZ, the ever popular zombie survivor horror simulator is finally available, well, the ‘early access’ build is.

DayZ is now available on Steam for £19.99 – buy it here

However, the game does come with a full caps disclaimer, so I suppose you won’t be able to complain when it doesn’t work…

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

1. Panthro

The day is upon us.

#1 8 months ago
  2. Asgaro

Console gamers am cry.

And this would probably cost 50 euro on consoles, just to make up for the fact Sony and MS take a huge chunk of revenue of every game.

#2 8 months ago
  3. manamana

Argh, download takes forever!!!

#3 8 months ago
  4. Panthro

I know right ^ 42 minutes remaining for me! :’(

#4 8 months ago
  5. Darkfield

Well I got miself into Wasteland 2 and soon Age of Decadence and Grim Dawn, so I’m gonna have to pass on this one.

#5 8 months ago
  6. monkeygourmet

Do I need Arma or anything to play this?

#6 8 months ago
  7. Erthazus

@6, no. you don’t. Just buy it and play it.

#7 8 months ago
  8. hives

@6 Yup, don’t need any other game.

Just… Don’t buy it before watching gameplay. For example here: http://www.twitch.tv/sacriel

It really shows how buggy it still is : )

#8 8 months ago
  9. MichalSuchyn

my best frends aunt just got Saab just by some part time working online with a lap-top. hop over to this web-site http://goo.gl/HjLJYV (Home tab more information)

#9 8 months ago
  10. zeusm0nk3y

Finally. This is awesome.

#10 8 months ago
  11. ActionGameKing

Thank you Based God!

#11 8 months ago
  12. Gekidami

Difference being, if this was on sale for consoles it would be the full working product. Paying for an alpha? Ha ha, oh PC tards.

And the devs have already said they intend to port it to PS4 later down the line when the game is actually made. Enjoy beta-i mean alpha testing my console version, idiot.

#12 8 months ago
  13. UuBuU

@12 “Difference being, if this was on sale for consoles”

It would have:

~80% smaller map
    ~fast travel to wherever you want
    ~players spawning with assault rifles
    ~no dark nights
    ~fast auto-health regen
    ~magic arrows showing you exactly where the major locations are
    ~match-making
    ~QTEs
    ~no hardcore survival elements at all

#13 8 months ago
  14. undermyrules

@12 mad console peasant cuz if this was on console you will pay 50€ as every kid that play on console.#rage

#14 8 months ago
  15. Panthro

Ooooo bitter.

You just proved his point, I could practically hear those tears smashing off your keyboard as your wrote that.

Its interesting that you class having access to a game in its early stages at a discounted price as a negative…

“Difference being, if this was on sale for consoles it would be the full working product”

Because this new generation of consoles has brought nothing but smooth sailing and ‘finished products’ so far… right?

#15 8 months ago
  16. monkeygourmet

Ha! so true! :)

Anyway, don’t be mean, a lot of people like a gimped PC.

#16 8 months ago
  17. Dragon

The game will eventually come to console/s, and more people can enjoy it. Both PC and console gamers can be happy.

Or is it too much to ask?

#17 8 months ago
  18. Panthro

Maybe I should start a petition for the devs to not put it on console.

#18 8 months ago
  19. KineticCalvaria

@18, you should just to piss off Geki.

I don’t think consoles would run the piece of shit that is the arma engine anyway. Need a nasa supercomputer just to maintain a steady 60 fps on it.

Love the games, but mein gott. That goddamn engine!

#19 8 months ago
  20. Panthro

Hahaha yep, be a 480p 24fps…

But hey they are all about ‘games’ and not visuals so they shouldn’t mind!

#20 8 months ago
  21. k1llabeast

Don’t forget auto-aim and shitty matchmaking.

#21 8 months ago
  22. Jin_Baxian

I fell in love with day z, watching videos on YouTube. I’m a console gamer, owning a ps4. I would love nothing more than for this game to show up on the psn. My pc probably cannot run it, and I’ve not got the money to buy one just for a game, though day z really makes me want to. I think it would be a good move to port it to console, so those of us who don’t have a pc capable to run it may enjoy it too. I understand the battle between pc and console gaming, though I started out a pc gamer with Star Wars: Jedi knight: Jedi academy. Basically, all I’m saying is my fingers are crossed! I’d love nothing more than to play Day Z on my ps4!

#22 8 months ago