Thief story trailer shown during VGX, pre-show discusses gameplay elements

Sunday, 8th December 2013 01:12 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Thief was given a new trailer during VGX this evening after the pre-show, which is also posted below, discussed the game.

A companion app for the game will be released for free in North America on February 25 and users will be able to look over stats and leaderboards, biographies of characters, Thief-related news and more (thanks Shack).

A premium version of the app will also be made available, but if you pre-order the game from GameStop you will get it free.

The game’s soundtrack and an exclusive bank heist mission will also be handed to early buyers.

Thief’s out on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in February.

1. absolutezero

RIP in peace Thief.

#1 10 months ago
  2. G-Sama

who’s doing these cheesy video namings ?
    that’s really not professional at all , just name the video whatever it shows … not cool steph , not cool

#2 10 months ago
  3. Luciferous

@2 I think its been done like this so that they could have to trailers ready to go without leaking what they are first…

As for the story trailer… I’m intrigued and still looking forward to this.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Stephany Nunneley

@2 They have been replaced with the GameTrailers versions – and it’s what @3 said: the person ripping them was naming them in an odd manner to keep them up as long as possible before Viacom could pull them.

I had nothing to do with the video names.

#4 10 months ago
  5. G-Sama

oh , sorry then in that case :) … but some of them were too cheesy for me to handle :D
    anyway , won the game’s preorder at a giveaway … that’s probably why i want it to be good :D , judging from gameplays i’ve seen so far .. looks kinda meh but might be some fun to play , any good stealth game is welcome to me

#5 10 months ago
  6. TheWulf

That’s how I feel. The story still makes me cringe, honestly. I’m sad to see that yet another layered character has just become simply a one-dimensional Robin Hood to appease the masses. Because gamers are obviously too thick to grasp anything more complex.

Hey, thicko gamer, you can’t handle complex characters!

Yeah. That always feels like they’re showing me such respect, that does.

Well, instead, for those that actually have dignity and self-respect, there’s stuff like TheDarkMod, which stays true to what the series is about. Which is basically the appropriation of loot for Garrett’s own ends, with Garrett as a more morally ambiguous character.

It’s like ‘morally ambiguous’ is a taboo phrase for the games industry, these days. It’s either one-dimensional psychopath or one-dimensional goody two-shoes. There’s never any middle ground. People are too thick to understand very personal stories, revolving around characters with believable motivations.

We gamers are so thick. We’ve never read a book in our lives.

This is why I have no respect for the mainstream. They don’t respect me. I don’t respect them. I’m surprised more people don’t feel that way.

#6 10 months ago
  7. YoungZer0

Looks fantastic, I really, really like it. Can’ wait to play it.

@6:

“We gamers are so thick. We’ve never read a book in our lives.”

You can’t say that, most of us do have read a lot of your comments.

#7 10 months ago