Call of Duty: Ghosts has received a hot-fix on all formats without the need for a download. It is said to take a bolt gun to two hacks that render enemies invisible and enter them into god mode.
It follows Activision Eric Hirsbherg, telling the press that Call of Duty: Ghosts review scores don’t mirror the game’s appreciation among fans.
The fix was announced on the Call of Duty forum. Here’s the patch notes for the Xbox One’s latest title update, but note the final line, which applies a hot-fix to all platforms:
- Improved performance issues caused by spamming.
- Fixed issues that would occur after resuming from suspension.
- Improved backend multiplayer stability.
- Fixed rare crash that could occur when using a guest account.
- Fixed issue with calling trinity rocket at exact same moment as an enemy’s jammer left the player in laptop view.
- Fixed a variety of map specific spawn issues.
- Fixed Blitz freecam bug which caused Ghosts portals to always be blue and Federation orange.
- Fixed a freecam bug where the friendly team on the minmap could change color between rounds.
- Fixed not showing attachments and weapon camo for players while in private match lobby.
- Fixed dog’s extended kill not showing properly in final killcam.
- Fixed lobby migration closing the create a class screen.
- Improved controller pairing functionality.
- Added a lock in multiplayer round start/end to prevent game from ending incorrectly.
- Added hardcore option for Domination leaderboards.
- Fixed overlap bug with the spectated playcard and the spectator map.
- Fix to set a default reticle when switching a weapon’s sights.
- Fixed an FFA specific issue where players didn’t spawn into the correct version of Strikezone.
Hot Fix: All Platforms
- Fix for various hacks including “invisibility” and “god mode.”
To be fair, I feel like I’ve certainly been killed by invisible people online before. You walk into a room and get shot dead instantly. You watch the kill cam and it turned out you were looking square at your killer.
Either that or I’ve just become shit at this series in the last month.
Answers on a postcard.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.