Fallout: New Vegas lead writer joins Guerrilla Games, specialises in open-world RPGs

Wednesday, 27th November 2013 13:01 GMT By Dave Cook

Guerrilla Games was rumoured to be working on an RPG some time ago, and now the hiring of Fallout: New Vegas lead writer John Gonzales has added fuel to that fire.

It follows my final Killzone: Shadow Fall impressions. Check out what I thought of the campaign through the link.

Gonzales joined in September, but his job change was noticed today by NeoGAF. He is now Lead writer at the Killzone: Shadow Fall studio, after leaving his post at Obsidian Entertainment.

His LinkedIn profile reads, “Narrative designer with extensive in-house game development experience. My focus is storytelling for open-world role-playing games. Because they are awesome.”

The mention of open-world RPGs is what’s got gamer’s whipped up into a soapy lather of speculation.

What do you make of the above?

Via PushSquare.

1. TrickyAudio

The visuals of Shadow Fall in an open world environment? Interested!

#1 8 months ago
  2. Nam3M3King

Man that RPG would look beast with GG, the witcher 3 is about to be owned graphic wise.

Hopefully the story is good

#2 8 months ago
  3. Dark

Killzone is shit , thank god they are working on new IP and hopefully it’s not a FPS.

#3 8 months ago
  4. Erthazus

Yeah. That guy is an impressive writer. That guy also makes fantastic choices for gamers with fantastic dialog.

But Guerrilla games are just shit. Until I will see a demo I won’t buy any news about new iP.

#4 8 months ago
  5. shadowseer

Sounds great to me, let hope the new IP will be successful.

#5 8 months ago
  6. The_Red

At least the next GG game will have a nice story to back up the great visuals. Now if only they could get better gameplay designers…

#6 8 months ago
  7. Playmaker

They need some good writers with the crap story that is Killzone

#7 8 months ago
  8. karma

Woah, FNV is my favourite game, and one of the many reasons for that is because of the open world quest design / writing, so awesome for Guerilla I guess. Also I think most well known franchises will dabble in open world / non-linear gameplay with the new gen. 1. because a lot of gamers have become accustomed to it and dont like going back to linear and 2. the design keeps gamers playing for longer, which keeps discs in trays and off the used game market.

#8 8 months ago
  9. ddtd

I’m all in for this. While on a purely technical level, FO:NV screwed up, the depth of choices and the great story made it one of my all time favs.

#9 8 months ago