FIFA 14 Xbox One crash warning issued, EA working on fix for today

Friday, 22nd November 2013 12:50 GMT By Dave Cook

FIFA 14 players have encountered a pair of bugs when playing the Xbox One edition. Publisher EA has issued s blog post on the matter, along with confirmation that an update fix is due today.

EA addressed the issue on the FIFA 14 help page, which explains that the day one update will remedy, “a potential controller bug that Xbox One users may experience when they initially load FIFA 14, and a bootflow issue causing problems to online features.”

The controller bug occurs when two controllers are being used, which are synced to two user profiles. Using controller two to navigate the Xbox One’s bootflow can result a crash at he loading screen. This particular issue will be fixed “shortly after launch.” So not quite ‘day-one’ then. The short-term fix is to use controller one to navigate the game’s bootflow, and only turn on the second pad while at the game’s main menu.

Next, a separate bootflow issue occurs when the Xbox One goes into suspended mode. Once you wake the console up again, you may not be able to access FIFA 14′s online features. You will need to reboot the console to remedy this one.

Are you experiencing the issues above? Let us know.

Via CVG.

1. Hell-Raiser-85

Via: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=720494

#1 1 year ago
  2. Johnnymaxx

As expected, both consoles have problems at launch. Just as any other device. This is why I believe that Early Adopters (such as myself) deserve something extra you know… we are always facing a much higher risk than the guy who buys it after 6 months.

Anyway, I would be glad if this and other problems that will be soon reported for XBox One would serve to make people stop being assholes and stop engaging in that “war” we are all used to. But we know it is not going to happen….

Sony fan boys will soon flood this comments section, trying to forget the problems that PS4 had and still has.

#2 1 year ago
  3. G1GAHURTZ

This isn’t a console problem.

This is a FIFA 14 problem.

The current gen version had bugs, too, I believe…

#3 1 year ago
  4. viralshag

I’ve heard from a friend who already has his console the FIFA14 “takes an age to download.”

That may be his connection though. Annoying he has his console and waiting for games, I have my games and I’m waiting for the console.

COME ON MARLON OF DPD! BEAT THE ESTIMATED 2.10-3.10 TIME SO I CAN LEAVE THE OFFICE!

#4 1 year ago
  5. Johnnymaxx

@2 Sorry man, I was talking more about the video that @1 posted than on the news itself.

However, this is a Fifa problem that only happened in XBox One, so, in a way, it is a XBox One problem.

#5 1 year ago
  6. G1GAHURTZ

@viral:

I’m sure it does take ages to download… It’s 8GB.

(And that’s one of the smaller games.)

#6 1 year ago
  7. dkpunk

Goddammit EA get your house together. First BF4 on PS4 and now this.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Phat

My sincere advice is that you buy a Xbox One, not even a PS4. Why? You can see here: http://lovingtheclassicsreviewsite.net/trend/the-5-best-reasons-for-purchasing-the-xbox-one-instead-of-a-ps4/

#8 1 year ago
  9. hillbilly10

as of lastnight (8th Dec 13) when i first tried to play in career mode on fifa 14, everytime i played the first match in pre season friendly and clicked “advance” at the end of the game, the xbox just kept going back to the xbox home screen. when i restarted the game, i would have to play the same game again……………and when it came to advancing again, it would do the same again. the only way it would not do this was if i let the console simulate the game.
    so if EA and MICROSOFT have been trying to sort this out since the lanch day, they havent dont a very good job of it.
    i only have problems with this game. all others are fine.
    So Microsoft, you either sort it out or you can refund me the money for the download of fifa 14!!!

#9 1 year ago