Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC map names leaked, Dome returning – report

Tuesday, 12th November 2013 11:04 GMT By Dave Cook

Call of Duty: Ghosts’ first DLC pack will feature new multiplayer maps, and if this recent slip-up is to be believed, Modern Warfare 3 map Dome will return.

The leak comes from the PC edition of Ghosts, as spotted by Denkirson. It saw unreleased map names appearing in the multiplayer’s Moshpit playlist.

According to this screen grab, the map names appeared in a sub-playlist called ‘IW6 Daily Test’, and are Boneyard, Dome, LUA_MENU_GAZA, Red River and Swamp. One of these is rumoured to be a new Extinction mode map.

Here’s a grab of the map names from the lobby:

MP1st adds that the playlist was nuked shortly after its discovery.

What do you make of the above? Would you happily see Dome return? Let us know below.

Meanwhile, why not check out our Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer opinion through the link.

1. KineticCalvaria

Now you CoD fans get to play the same map layout twice in the same game, oh you lucky beggars you!

#1 8 months ago
  2. Bam007

@1 And the same would apply to Battlefield too, but of course you already knew that.

Face it sweetheart, the industry is its own enemy. As long as EA and Activision are turning over hundreds of millions of dollars in profits year after year, this rehashing will continue.

#2 8 months ago
  3. Max Payne

@2 When BF3 had maps from BF2 it was completely redesignes in terms of textures,effects,destruction…
    Caspian Border in BF4 will now have better destruction + levolution for example.

#3 8 months ago
  4. KineticCalvaria

@2, Uh no darling, http://www.vg247.com/forum/topic.php?id=49236.

2 different maps, same layout.

Battlefield uses old maps but does what @3 says and they at least tell us it’s a remake, not just do 2 supposedly unrelated maps with the same layout and put them into the same game.

#4 8 months ago
  5. soltan2

@4 yup. Dome will be the exact shi* it was .
    Players at the damn building will be slaughtered all over again.
    One does not simply make new maps….
    BTW…who votes for this stupid map to be here again?? god dam those people.

#5 8 months ago
  6. fengato

Well at least these maps will be a break from the tedium of all the ruined american urban environments. Argh.

#6 8 months ago
  7. Hcw87

Oh look, more copy paste.

WHICH PEOPLE WILL PAY FOR. This world is going downhill.

#7 8 months ago
  8. Dave Cook

@7 Why is the world going downhill?

People are paying for what they like. It’s not hurting you.

#8 8 months ago
  9. KineticCalvaria

@8, It is… mentally.

Call of Duty was awesome once upon a time, now it’s shit.

#9 8 months ago
  10. G1GAHURTZ

Don’t play it or read about it, then.

#10 8 months ago
  11. Hcw87

It is hurting me when CoD continues to influence the genre. Battlefield 4 is starting to get heavily influenced by the CoD crowd.

Kill this franchise allready.

#11 8 months ago
  12. Dave Cook

@11 It’s not influencing anything any more. That’s utter guff.

Look at how many franchises are coming out that have moved away from that template. When CoD 4 broke everyone was doing military shooters. Now? Well, there’s not that many, and if there are then they’re your ARMA 3s and your Spec Ops. Games trying to do different things to CoD.

Destiny and Titanfall again, very different. Anyone who says Titanfall is a CoD clone either hasn’t played it or is just being a massive cock.

#12 8 months ago
  13. G1GAHURTZ

“It is hurting me…”

Be serious.

#13 8 months ago
  14. G1GAHURTZ

@12:

I don’t think it’s the first one…

#14 8 months ago
  15. Hcw87

I love Titanfall actually. But promoting lazy dev cycles and rehashing the same game every year is not a good thing for the industry.

Anyone who says differently is either naive or is just being a massive cock.

#15 8 months ago
  16. KineticCalvaria

Yeah don’t read about the biggest gaming franchise in the world, gee that’s easy!

Not like it’s fucking everywhere.

Still my point stands I used to love it, I just want it to reinvent itself in a big way again ala CoD4.

Go away for a few years, come back with a relaunch and a proper new engine this time ffs.

#16 8 months ago
  17. G1GAHURTZ

Bringing billions of dollars into the industry isn’t good for the industry?

#17 8 months ago
  18. Dave Cook

@15 ‘Lazy?’ Do you realise how hard those coders must have to work to get hose games done in time? Copy-paste accusations or not.

#18 8 months ago
  19. KineticCalvaria

@17, Yeah sure it is, because clearly it’s sending the right message to other devs.

Just annualise your games and don’t make any meaningful changes but still charge your customers £40 every year with another £40 for rehashed maps! (Yes I’m not just talking about CoD here).

@18, are you really that naive, Dave? Wow’zers.

#19 8 months ago
  20. Dave Cook

@16 What do you think Sledgehammer Games has been doing the last three years?

#20 8 months ago
  21. Dave Cook

@19 Name as many annualised franchises as you can and then compare them to non-annualised. You’ll see that CoD and it’s yearly neighbours haven’t influenced all that much at all.

#21 8 months ago
  22. KineticCalvaria

@20, Well I’ll tell you that when they show it, what do you think they’ve been doing?

#22 8 months ago
  23. G1GAHURTZ

I’ve hardly read a single thing about GTAV, if anything at all.

It’s not difficult.

There are many other games and many other stories. Since release, CoD articles probably make up a tiny fraction of the news on this website.

CoD4 also had a map called Chinatown, which was an exact copy of Carenton from CoD2. http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Chinatown

Did that hurt you mentally, too?

#23 8 months ago
  24. KineticCalvaria

@23, No because that was an official remake. Did you actually read my comment Giga?

There’s a difference between a remake and using the same layout in 2 seperate maps in one game.

*talks to brick wall*

#24 8 months ago
  25. G1GAHURTZ

@19:

So all FPSs currently have re-hashed maps because of CoD, and the indsutry would be better off with a lower turnover, fewer consoles sold, and less profits?

#25 8 months ago
  26. KineticCalvaria

@25, well avoided.

*golf clap*.

#26 8 months ago
  27. Hcw87

They only worked that hard because they were pressurized by their overlords to spew out a new title every year.

Imagine what games they could create if they had 2-3 years to do it. Atleast.

I WANT CoD to become good again, but it will never happen unless they take a few years off to build the hype again.

#27 8 months ago
  28. KineticCalvaria

@27, They don’t seem to understand we aren’t hating on CoD here, we just remember a time when it was fun and want that to come around again.

I give up with the naivety, I bow out gracefully.

#28 8 months ago
  29. G1GAHURTZ

@24:

Oh, so that makes a huge difference, does it? Be serious, please.

‘Hey guys, you know this map we made before? The one you’ve already played hundreds of hours on? We’ve ‘made’ it again, but don’t worry… It’s an official remake.’

And that’s better than a downloadable map that you don’t have to buy, because…?

Secondly, it’s not the same layout in the two games. Forget the nicely edited video that highlights what it wants to and ignores what it wants to. Until you’ve played both maps, you are in no position to comment on if the layout is the same or not.

Edit:

Have some patience, will you…

#29 8 months ago
  30. KineticCalvaria

@29, brainwashed. :)

Okay, you like it, I don’t.

I’ve made my point, all I was saying is that I wish CoD would bugger off and come back a bit different. End of for me.

#30 8 months ago
  31. G1GAHURTZ

“Kill this franchise allready.”

“I WANT CoD to become good again”

lolwut?

#31 8 months ago
  32. monkeygourmet

I feel COD and the COD mentality of companies / dev cycles has done far more harm than good within the industry.

It’s not about what people enjoy, alot of people are idiots… The fact is, COD’s dev cycle and popularity spike has shaped the landscape in many ways, and not in a positive way IMO.

When people buy things en masse, it sends out a clear message to marketting departments that ‘this is what people want’… Thing is, thats only ever half of the story. A lot of people don’t know there are alternatives and a lot just ‘do what they are told’…

Advertising does work on a profound level you know, we’ve got very good at it. COD, like all mass produced media wheels turns so smoothly now even a shit entry in the series sells buy the bucket load and good games get ignored.

Anyone who doesn’t think that is a problem needs to get their head checked.

Awww… Boo Hoo at the poor COD devs having to meet a deadline…

What about Boo fucking Hoo to the poor bastards who try to make different and unique games that sell like shit because brainwashed people would rather slap the next COD / FIFA into their sex box 720…

Oh, I forgot, aslong as they are enjoying it, it doesn’t matter…

#32 8 months ago
  33. KineticCalvaria

@32, well said. Nice to see some people with intellect and not stupid comments like ‘lolwut’. :P

#33 8 months ago
  34. G1GAHURTZ

Yeah, maybe I’ve been brainwashed by…

Bobby Kotick?

A Superbowl ad?

Subliminal messaging?

IGN?

…or maybe I just don’t enjoy hating on something to make me feel better.

#34 8 months ago
  35. KineticCalvaria

@34, I feel so good right now, hating on this game. Oh it’s so orgasmic.

Hmm… course, I tried to make a point, you were very defensive because I dislike a game that you love, who’s the immature one here…?

Edit: This whole ‘oh you think your so cool because your hating on CoD, ooh such a hipster’ mentality has to stop, some of us just don’t like it, get over yourselves.

#35 8 months ago
  36. Hcw87

”I WANT CoD to become good again, but it will never happen”

Therefore kill it and stop trying.

#36 8 months ago
  37. G1GAHURTZ

Oh, I see your logic now!

Like if you “want” your pet cat, that you used to really love, to be healthy again after it got sick, instead of taking it to the vet, you just kill it.

Right…

#37 8 months ago
  38. G1GAHURTZ

@35:

No, I’m just being sensible, and not hating on something to make me feel better.

I clearly pointed out two things to you, in that Chinatown was in CoD4, but you don’t have a problem with that, so you’re just being a hypocrite. And secondly, that you don’t appear to have played both maps, so you are in no position to comment on their similarity.

If you really were interested in genuine discussion, you would have responded to those points instead of running away from them.

#38 8 months ago
  39. DrDamn

I think the influence of CoD is overstated now – certainly the negative influences. It had a very positive influence post CoD4:MW. Now I think people have realised they shouldn’t try to directly compete with it so much and try harder to distinguish themselves (Destiny, Titanfall).

Yearly franchise wise, years down the line have we really got that many new ones because of CoD? Not really. The main competitor (BF) isn’t even yearly.

Maybe just play and support the games you do like and leave people to have the obvious fun they do with CoD. It got where it is by doing a hell of a lot of things right. Does it need a reboot of sorts? Yes I think it does, and I think it’ll get one in the next couple of years.

#39 8 months ago
  40. Hcw87

Yeah, my pet cat that didn’t get any better after 5 years of treatment and medical bills.

I wouldn’t let it suffer any longer.

#40 8 months ago
  41. G1GAHURTZ

What if little puss-puss was loved by tens of millions, and it didn’t look sick to them?

#41 8 months ago
  42. monkeygourmet

The analogy is worse than that…

It should be:

Your cat is ill and dying, yet you still get income from letting people come over and fuck it, so you let the cat suffer because, hey… Cha Ching!!!

#42 8 months ago
  43. G1GAHURTZ

^ You’re a sicko.

#43 8 months ago
  44. KineticCalvaria

@38, there wasn’t a map with the same layout as Chinatown which was also in CoD4. Answered, debunked.

No I haven’t played them I’m not interested in Ghosts at all, but just because the maps play differently makes it okay to use an identical layout? Twice. Strikezone and Dome, in a single game?

#44 8 months ago
  45. KineticCalvaria

@41, kill the fucker anyway! Mwahahaha!

(I do not condone killing animals).

#45 8 months ago
  46. G1GAHURTZ

@44:

You haven’t played them. Other than a suspect YouTube video, you have no way of knowing if the layout is the same. (“identical”)

It isn’t.

I’ve probably played more hours on Dome than you’ve played on most games in their entirety.

The layout is quite LITERALLY not the same.

Similar? Yes.

“identical”? No.

There will not be maps with the same (“identical”) layout in the same game. (One being optional DLC, anyway)

Your “debunking” fails.

#46 8 months ago
  47. bradk825

As long as they do what they did with Terminal and bring it back for free, I’m happy about it. That’s how all “fan favourite” returns should be. We should not have to pay twice for the same map.

#47 8 months ago
  48. KineticCalvaria

@46, never said the industry fails, I said CoD fails because it’s lazy.

HCW said that. Christ.

#48 8 months ago
  49. G1GAHURTZ

So who typed this, then?

#49 8 months ago
  50. KineticCalvaria

@49, Exactly they’re being lazy, precisely what I just said.

Point?

#50 8 months ago
  51. Xbone

THATS IMPOSSIBLE! THE DOME IS ALREADY IN THE GAME!
    Look at this.

#51 8 months ago
  52. G1GAHURTZ

@50:

“Your “debunking” fails.

It fails in a number of ways, too, since your ‘The industry suffers because of remade maps’ theory has obviously (and I’d say quite intentionally) been ignored.”

#52 8 months ago
  53. KineticCalvaria

@52, ‘don’t make any meaningful changes but still charge your customers £40 every year’.

Lazy devs… the industry suffering was a minor point I was making. Main point is they’re lazy which you have “obviously (and I’d say quite intentionally) ignored.”

#53 8 months ago
  54. G1GAHURTZ

Yeah, sure…

It was the entire point that you tried to make, since you actually responded to my comment #17…

Bringing billions of dollars into the industry isn’t good for the industry?

…which wasn’t even a comment directed at you, with that remark.

Be serious. The proof is there. You made a point, and now you’re running from it, because you can clearly see your own hypocrisy.

#54 8 months ago
  55. KineticCalvaria

@54, personal insults will get you nowhere.

Believe what you will, enjoy Black Ops 3 next year with all your favourite map layouts!

#55 8 months ago
  56. monkeygourmet

You can be billions of $$$ into the industry with Advertising, product placement, merchandise, subscriptions etc…

You can do all those things, doesn’t mean it’s a good idea…

All that happens is products / IP’s get diluted and quality tends to get worse / worn out.

Look at any genre of anything. Music, Films whatever. When things get more popular, yay! more money comes in… But what generally happens is that money has to also come back out again for investors to be happy.

I liken it to the difference between a small fishing village compared to a massive trawler ripping the ocean floor to peices to harvest every last bit of goodness they can.

When the bubble burst, they move on to the next medium / scheme. The real problem lies with what they leave behind in their wake.

People need to be accountable and understand how operate with integrity and fairly when new mediums become money earners or popular. Most companies don’t even register words / ideas like that though.

#56 8 months ago
  57. Djoenz

I fell for BO2, but I wont fall for Ghosts. Im done with this pathetic series. Its the same and the same and even same engine.

Too bad BF4 has no partymaking en not an easy select button to check out scoreboard.

BF4 now thats warfare. Im quite done with fps alltogether tbh. I need me some emotional rollercoasters!

#57 8 months ago