Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX announced for PS3 release in 2014, first trailer inside

Monday, 14th October 2013 08:11 GMT By Dave Cook

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX has been announced by Square-Enix. It’s coming to PS3 in 2014 and you can catch the debut launch trailer now.

The game was announced on PS Blog US. It’s similar to the 1.5 ReMIX pack that released this year, and houses Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, which only previously released in Japan, an HD edition of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, and Kingdom Hearts Re:code, which is a collection of the games cut-scenes in HD.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX scored well at review. You can check out what the critics thought in our score round-up here.

We’ll have more on the re-pack as it comes. Are you excited for it already? Let us know below.

1. stockops3

Yes! KH2 and Birth By Sleep are my favourite in the series! Can’t wait!

#1 6 months ago
  2. loveaya

That’s our beloved mobile/HD company SquareEnix!!!!lol

#2 6 months ago
  3. CyberMarco

Funny thing is that I just dreamed about playing Kingdom Hearts 3 last night! :P

On topic, KH 2.5 Remix HD was a given, so if it releases in 2014 then KH3 will be released in 2015 or something.

I wish KH:DDD was included too!

#3 6 months ago
  4. Beta

I’m very excited and I want it now. ;p

#4 6 months ago
  5. ayb91

I can’t believe this is happening. Thank you SE.

#5 6 months ago
  6. Pytox

Yay great news !!! Thanks Squeenix, I’ll buy the limited edition instantly !!! :P

#6 6 months ago
  7. dotfaust

So dream drop distance hd will be dlc?… or maybe an hd version for the wii u?

#7 6 months ago
  8. ayb91

@7 those are likely going to happen. Sounds good though.

#8 6 months ago
  9. fihar

So much better than the first collection.
    If you ask me, they should’ve bundled 1, 2 and BBS instead of shoving Re:CoM and a collection of cutscenes from Days and Coded.

#9 6 months ago
  10. Ireland Michael

@7 Don’t hold your breath. Its a fairly recent game, and with Nintendo’s archaic licensing habits, its probably going to say on the 3DS only for quite some time.

#10 6 months ago
  11. PhilipColeman

#11 6 months ago
  12. juantonio86

for DDD to be in ps3 it’s really complicated due to licensing reasons

#12 6 months ago
  13. Clupula

DDD will, no doubt, make it to PS3 and/or PS4, but probably not until 2015, probably as a digital download. On the Wii U, though? Not likely.

It’s absolutely ridiculous for anyone to think that just being on the 3DS will prevent it from coming out before KH3.

#13 6 months ago
  14. Clupula

@9 – Yeah, you’re right because nobody needs the storyline to make sense or anything…

#14 6 months ago
  15. Clupula

@10 – Castlevania: Mirror of Fate and Resident Evil: Revelations say hi.

#15 6 months ago
  16. Ireland Michael

@15 I never said it couldn’t happen. I just said the licensing situation is complicated. You have to licence every game on Nintendo platforms through Nintendo themselves.

The question is, will Square do the necessary paperwork?

#16 6 months ago
  17. Clupula

@16 – That’s a silly question that you already know the answer to. They stand to make more money off the game and Nomura has said that:

1) It is absolutely vital to play 3D to understand the plot of KH3
    2) He wants every game leading up to KH3 on one system.

So, uh, yeah. They will. Silly to even question it.

#17 6 months ago
  18. Ireland Michael

@17 Yes, but it only came out last year, on current gen hardware no less.

If / when it does happen, I can’t see it being before 2015 at the earliest. We can probably expect KH3 sometime in 2016… if were lucky.

#18 6 months ago
  19. Clupula

WHEN, not if, WHEN DDD comes to PS3, it will most likely be 2015, since they want one game every year. What someone else pointed out that I hadn’t thought of before, though, is that DDD is the only major title in the series to not get a Final Mix version.

I hadn’t thought of it before, but selling DDD: Final Mix with extra content for the PS3 would actually go a long way towards justifying selling the title on its own, like they no doubt will. The whole “it’s on a current gen system” argument is absolutely nonsense. It’s on a portable. That doesn’t even count. And again, Mirror of Fate and RE: Revelations say hi. KH:DDD was, after all the lowest selling single release in the franchise’s history.

It’s not hard to see the pattern.

2013: KH 1.5
    2014: KH 2.5
    2015: DDD
    2016: KH3

#19 6 months ago
  20. fihar

Oh, please.
    Days and Coded and even BBS were unnecessary. I haven’t touched DDD, so I can’t really comment on that but CoM was pretty much the only spin-off that actually mattered.

The story is so ridiculously convoluted now that I doubt even I could actually piece it together anyway.
    If anything, it is precisely the spin-offs that are making the storyline more convoluted than it already is.

#20 6 months ago