Deep Down direct feed gameplay footage shows both single and multiplayer modes

Friday, 11th October 2013 16:22 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Deep Down is the recipient of some direct feed gameplay footage showing both the single and multiplayer portions.

Both videos below were posted by RajmanGaming, and while the chatter is in Japanese, you get an idea of what is going on.

Capcom’s Yoshinori Ono announced previously that Deep Down is a PS4 exclusive and and is an online RPG.

The game is set in New York during 2094, and players will be travelling back in time to explore self-generating dungeons.

1. Panthro

Looks fucking awesome!

Is it for PC? I’m sure I heard something about it being on PC before sony announced that it was coming to PS4…

Any news on that that i’ve missed? this might be a console seller for me and its free to play haha ;)

#1 12 months ago
  2. Xbone

There was a rumor, but beside that, nothing official.

BTW it looks nothing like the first trailer. I really dont like the system where you need to aim with that weapon.

#2 12 months ago
  3. Gekidami

Its being co-developed by SCE Japan Studio, so it’s PS4 only.

#3 12 months ago
  4. Hcw87

Looks beyond boring. Horrible aiming system aswell.

And the graphics? Letdown.

#4 12 months ago
  5. _LarZen_

Man that looks so cool. And it’s F2P!

#5 12 months ago
  6. TheBlackHole

the graphics on the dragon and fire look amazing.

Gameplay looks HORRIBLE. Especially single player.

#6 12 months ago
  7. Hcw87

i.minus.com/ibjxCz37mFXzrX.gif
    i.minus.com/ibp2LYnmQJjEkC.gif

These are from their reveal of the game. Notice that they actually put a fake hud in there to make people think the game would actually look like that. Now the game looks like Dark Souls 2.

I HATE tactics like this, reminds me of the good old Killzone 2 fiasco.

#7 12 months ago
  8. Panthro

I like dark souls so I think I will like this, no biggie if anyone else doesnt.. others opinions wont impede on my experience ;)

#8 12 months ago
  9. wildBoar

Yeah, you can deff tell this is the company that makes Resi.. I suppose they added the aiming for a sense of tension.. And it seems like that would work, when you’re up against some horrible monster..

It needs a quick-dodge tho. But hey, I’ll take this over Ryse any day.

Something to note is that they’ve only shown the pike so far however. I can’t imagine how they’d manage to give f.ex a sword swing as small of a hitbox. Hopefully there’s a great difference between the weapons.

#9 12 months ago
  10. fearmonkey

The lighting is beautiful, and the fire effects are very impressive.
    I hope that there are lots of varied environments. The first video reminded me of the EPIC Fire Knight video for Unreal Engine 4 they did, it has that same style of look.

#10 12 months ago
  11. DrDamn

Yeah liking this. I even like the tactical element in the aiming system. Looks fantastic too, with lighting the stand out feature.

#11 12 months ago
  12. yeoung

I’m guessing the aim mechanic, among other things, allow for a bit of strategic depth. Immobilizing a 400-something pound minotaur-looking thing with a swift lance to the patella is just awesome, I don’t care who you are. Especially seeing as the hit detection seems to be spot on for both the player attacks as well as enemy attacks, makes me think there is a lot of depth to the combat that hasn’t yet been clarified for people who don’t speak ffwd-highly-ecxited Japanese. Interested about that skill system though, hoping a translation is up soon.

Looking forward to it. Not usually a big fan of F2P, but not having to relentlessly convince my FPS-loving mates to give something RPG-looking a shot works out fine for me.

Me: “It’s wicked cool brah”

Him: “brodude, it’s RPG as effin balls yo”

“…”

Me: “You don’t have to pay shit, F2P SWISH!”

Him: “A’right”

*vernacular enhanced for satirical purposes*

#12 12 months ago
  13. Biscuitpants

why did the dragon breath fire at the wall for 10 seconds

#13 12 months ago
  14. Legendaryboss

Because it can, too cool.

#14 12 months ago
  15. DuckNation

Game looks beautiful can’t wait to DL this

#15 12 months ago
  16. Playmaker

I’ve preordered XB1 for its exclusives. But this game is making me want a PS4 sooo bad. Maybe there’ll be some skus on the shelf on the 15th.

#16 12 months ago