Mario Kart 8 Eurogamer Expo gameplay with additional racing commentary

Wednesday, 9th October 2013 12:52 GMT By Sam Clay

Mario Kart 8 was playable at this year’s Eurogamer Expo, here’s some fresh gameplay FGTV and some ever professional commentary from Team VVV’s Alan Boiston.

Who’d of thought there would be so much management gossip in the world of Mario Kart. This is definitely worth a watch.

1. monkeygourmet

Why do people always suck so hard when playing games on these off screen demos?!

It’s like they handed the pad to my mum or something!

“oh, which one am I? What does this button do?”

#1 1 year ago
  2. Pytox

can you get inside those trams?

#2 1 year ago
  3. FabioPal

This year’s innovation is? the gliding stuff?

Oh, Nintendo, what’s happening to you! I want the old days back!!!

#3 1 year ago
  4. Legendaryboss

An insult on Nintendo? Didn’t you hear Nintendo fans “Forbid it.”

Anyway shitstorm incoming for your/maybe my comment.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Dragon

^Oh shit.

#5 1 year ago
  6. monkeygourmet

Nice try troll… The gliding stuff isn’t the only innovation… There is also an ‘Orange turtle’ shell weapon added… How does it feel to look like an idiot?

#6 1 year ago
  7. dreamcastnews

I played it a EG and loved it, I don’t really need any radical departures to the game, it was fun as usual in multiplayer and looked fantastic as an added bonus. I think the motion controls have been vastly improved but the standard method is still the way to go.

#7 1 year ago
  8. FabioPal

Mine was an actual question!

Ok, now I know that there’s an “orange turtle”… well… don’t know what to say….

#8 1 year ago
  9. polygem

stealth edited

#9 1 year ago
  10. monkeygourmet

Don’t worry, it was sarcasm, there isn’t even a new shell…

#10 1 year ago
  11. Pytox

why isnt there mario kart destruction derby yet :D

#11 1 year ago
  12. FabioPal

@10 I got that it was sarcasm, but I truly believed there was a new shell… now I must cancel my pre-order! (sarcasm here as well ;))

#12 1 year ago
  13. tlou

why is everyone so grumpy here compared to the youtube page of this video :/

#13 1 year ago
  14. pcbros

@3 – Gliding was in Mario Kart 7 ;)

These types of games usually don’t generate a lot of innovation. It’s usually just new tracks, new racers, new weapons or new modes.

I actually played this at E3 and it was a lot of fun. Definitely worth buying if you own a Wii U.

@13 – Some people just haters…

#14 1 year ago
  15. Chloe Radway

Hi everyone! It seems that everyone has always played Mario. When Dandy was popular each kid played it, after that Nintendo version of Mario appeared, PC and Mac were also used for playing Mario as well as gaming consoles today. Well, that also refers to me :) Still enjoy this Mario theme

#15 1 year ago