Far Cry 4 already in the works according to composer Cliff Martinez – report

Tuesday, 8th October 2013 21:38 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Far Cry 4 is in the works, according to TV and movie composer Cliff Martinez.

The new was causally dropped at the end of an interview he did with Lost in the Multiplex.

According to Martinez he is working on “a video game called Far Cry 4,” along with a new TV series from Steven Soderbergh.

Martinez had previously worked with the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Captain Beefheart and composed scores for the films Drive, Only God Forgives, Contagion, Solaris, Traffic and more.

He also composed tracks for EA’s Spore video game released in 2008.

Ubisoft has yet to announce the game as being in the works, officially, but considering the success of the last outing, Far Cry 3, it’s not much of a stretch.

Still, we’ll send a mail.

Thanks, Xboxygen.

1. FrayJoker

It’s hard not to get excited about this one. Far Cry 3 was surprisingly excellent, one of the better games I played last year. Now they’ve got a working formula, and no rigid structure to the games in terms of character, plot and setting. It basically guarantees that Far Cry 4 will be good enough to be fun and new enough to be interesting. They’d have to screw up pretty badly to drop the ball on this.

Here’s hoping they can make the protagonists at least as interesting as the antagonists this time around. Hmm?

#1 11 months ago
  2. Cool P

It’s Ubisoft, so it was expected. I enjoyed FC3 but I went into the game thinking I would have more elements of survival in it and I was wrong, hopefully with this new wave of “survival” games coming they’ll add some features, which I think would suit the game perfectly.

#2 11 months ago
  3. YoungZer0

Let’s hope it’s a sequel to Blood Dragon.

#3 11 months ago
  4. ChunkyLover112

As if we need another “far cry”. Jesus, what are they doing with their lifes these devs??

#4 11 months ago
  5. SameeR_Fisher

Far Cry 3 was good, but that’s about it, it was somewhat overrated, I don’t regret buying it, but I don’t feel like it was a must buy game.

So for Far Cry 3, I guess either used or rental.

#5 11 months ago
  6. drewbles82

Far cry 1 just went on too long for me, i didnt like not having complete freedom and being spotted so easily. MP was fun split screen as my mates hated that i always hid in the grass/waterfalls.

Far cry 2 was the worse, the damn pill taking was annoying, getting to a mission was hard work if i survived getting there, i gave up.

I waited til Far cry 3 was cheap and best one by far. Hunting, making your equipment stronger,bigger etc by hunting animals. Complete freedom to choose how you go after an enemy so if you want to go guns blazing or snipe from a distance you could.
    Even the achievements were fun to get, though i completed the game and cant get a certain move done now as i got no enemies so another playthrough sounds fun.

Far cry 4, give me similar stuff but expand on it, no drug taking though, more vehicles

#6 11 months ago