GTA Online rep system can brand people ‘Bad Sports’, good players will be rewarded

Tuesday, 1st October 2013 15:10 GMT By Dave Cook

GTA Online is live and VG247′s Dave Cook is playing now. He’s noticed some information on how the rep system works.

This is probably the shortest thing I’ve ever written – as I’m playing it now – but the GTA Online menus explain that players who are abusive to others over time will be labelled ‘Bad Sports’ and as such, will only be match-made with other ‘Bad Sports’.

Interestingly, one loading screen tip said that good players with positive rep will be periodically rewarded.

I have no idea what that means, but it’s only day one and the service has just begun.

Also, I’ve robbed a store. You can totally shout down your mic to get the poor shop clerk to hurry up. Poor guy. My Scottish accent probably terrified him rigid.

What do you think of the above?

1. yeoung

So if after a heist I double tap my associates and take their cut, that’s bad? What if there’s a heist going on and I’m not associated with the robbers, and just mow em down in a dunebuggy and take their shit, is that good? Questions questions..

Ah hell, I’ll just start it up then.

#1 10 months ago
  2. KAP

How about you just don’t think to do that.

#2 10 months ago
  3. diggidy

Lucky you Dave, I haven’t been able to connect to a session all day!!

#3 10 months ago
  4. k1llabeast

@3 As I read that the GTA Online intro started playing. I hope for the best.

EDIT: lolnope

#4 10 months ago
  5. Fin

@3,4

And it’s not even primetime yet :/

#5 10 months ago
  6. foofly

I’m guessing there’s no hope in try to connect when I’m finished work then is there?

#6 10 months ago
  7. k1llabeast

@5 Indeed, it will all get even worse :(

@6 Small chance, also, keep an eye out on this:

I get to create an online game, but whenever the first mission starts I get disconnected.

#7 10 months ago
  8. diggidy

@7 yep, that’s as far as you can get. If you switch off and try again later then your character would have disappeared so you need to create a new one and watch the intro again, happened to me four times! haha what fun.

#8 10 months ago
  9. Zackslacky

Anyone having a problem connecting. Delete the update and re launch the game download update again? works and I was locked out completely before I did it.

#9 10 months ago
  10. Zackslacky

Also in single player go to online. Scroll to gta online and then pick solo online to get past tutorial.

#10 10 months ago
  11. Reddpayn

@7 i havent been able to play online at all, and when i clicked your link and read the list of problems lol :) . I got them all.

#11 10 months ago
  12. monkeygourmet

Still not working for me, the Rockstar Cloud is broken apparently…

This is my worry with reliance on cloud based tech, especially with new game launches that have a lot of player demand.

#12 10 months ago
  13. lacerz

Ahhhh… the infinite power of the cloud.

#13 10 months ago