Forza Motorsport 5 direct feed gameplay shows a Pagani Huayra speeding through the Bernese Alps circuit

Thursday, 26th September 2013 17:43 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Forza Motorsport 5 has some new, direct feed gameplay available, showing cars speeding through the Bernese Alps.

This is the “first ever” direct-feed gameplay footage of the Xbox One exclusive, and it shows the 2012 Pagani Huayra racing around the circuit which debuted in Forza Motorsport 4.

The circuit has been completely rebuilt for Forza 5, and the video shows off the new graphics running “at a gorgeous 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second.”

1. fearmonkey

Interesting… The other videos I have seen looked better than this. The game is still pretty but this video doesnt really scream next gen to me, it looks like a PC racer.

The lighting is very nice and bright and certainly better than what I have seen of Driveclub so far, but it didnt look as nice as the trailers MS has released previously.

#1 1 year ago
  2. nollie4545

Show me different weather, and night racing, or no sale. Sorry.

#2 1 year ago
  3. DrDamn

I think familiarity is part of the problem. The courses from previous Forzas will have trouble not just looking like up-rezzed versions.

Car model looks fantastic, lighting effects look nice but I prefer the more natural and dynamic lighting of DC.

#3 1 year ago
  4. ysleiro

@1 I think it’s a combination of a few things keeping this from blowing out predecessors.

It looks like previous versions but only now running at 1080p indeed it is a great improvement but not one that is as visually discernible (at least not like going from Xbox to Xbox 360).

One place where it is noticeable is the trees. LOL No more flat trees!

#4 1 year ago
  5. _LarZen_

Forza 4 looks better on this circuit….I have made the videos start at the same location on the the track. Is it just me that thinks Forza 4 looks better?

Here is Forza 5:

Here is Forza 4:

#5 1 year ago
  6. CyberMarco

It looks better than Forza 4, but not miles better. I would say more polished and with extra graphical enhancements like lighting effect etc.

#6 1 year ago
  7. _LarZen_

Yeah, but it looks like the boost in light effects have had a impact on the surroundings. Hard to tell also from compressed video.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Hcw87

Better videos here (and not just of Forza):

Youtube has such a shitty quality on mostly everything.

#8 1 year ago
  9. xxJPRACERxx

I really hate the lighting and overall picture of Forza games. They really go for a more stylized image than a real one. I still think GT 6 looks better than this.

I still have my X1 and Forza 5 on pre-order (and GT 6 too). I’ll wait a little but I really think I’ll cancel my X1 pre-order and concentrate on GT 6.

#9 1 year ago
  10. fearmonkey

@5 – Thanks for those videos, it really did show the difference in the versions :)

It’s obvious there is a upgrade with version 5, the lighting and car models are lovely. The difference though was not as huge as you might expect however.

Anyone have any really good videos of Driveclub, I havent seen any yet that have impressed me.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Opalauge

Hmmm…the graphic style of both games is more or less the same, exept that Forza 5 has more realistic light, varnish scratches, damage modell, tire simulation, dirt, laser and GPS scanned tracks, motor sound…..
    And it’s about cars…supercars and sportscars…so it’s some kind of obeisance to stage them with style!
    I don’t see any logic in your statement.

#11 1 year ago
  12. DrDamn

This is a good one of DC, at least from a view of the dynamic lighting. It’s greatly accelerated so shows dusk changing to night in the space of three laps.

Hopefully Turn 10 send a copy of this Forza bid to BlimBlim at Gamersyde. This is the first direct feed stuff they’ve released so be nice to have a better quality version.

#12 1 year ago
  13. xxJPRACERxx

@11 No, the graphic style of both games is really not the same at all. It’s like comparing BF to ArmA. BF (Forza) go for semi-realistic stylized look, ArmA (GT) for realistic look.

The lighting in GT 5 and 6 look much more realistic than Forza 4 or 5. In fact, the lighting of GT is probably the most realistic of all racers, maybe second to pCARS. And I’m not the only one to think so, just check the VirtualIR or Race Department forums, pretty much everyone agree, GT lighting is one the best with pCARS and Assetto Corsa.

You don’t seen exploding sun and exaggerated lens flares in GT. Or fog that is added only for style. The contrast ratio in Forza is like someone recording with consumer cameras.

I don’t care about varnish scratches and dirt. Damage is completely unrealistic in both games.

GT tracks are laser scanned too and the real tracks in GT 5 are better than the one in Forza 4 (maybe 5 will be better). For example, the Nurburgring in GT is much more realistic than the one in Forza.

About the motor sound I agree the samples are better in Forza, but the sound engine of GT is much better. In replays, the doppler effect, sound delay and reverberation, road and tire noise is much better.

About the actual tire and suspension simulation. There’s thing that are better in GT and some are better in Forza. For example the turbo boost simulation is better in Forza. But overall the feeling of driving is better in GT, especially with the comfort and sport tires. The racing tires model is not very good.

Anyway, I’ve been playing racing games since Indy 500 on the Amiga, I’ve played probably every racing sims on PC and consoles and GT is really the best racing sim on console. It’s not the best game, I think Forza as an overall package is better, but when on the track, the driving in GT is better and the gfx are much more realistic in my eyes.

#13 1 year ago
  14. DrDamn

Better quality version of this now up on Gamersyde

Though as noted the video is only 30fps (video encode not game). Better to watch than the YouTube one though.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Opalauge

the real tracks in GT5 are better than in Forza 4 (esspecially the Nürburgring…I’m german, I know that for sure xD) and the overall handling too. I love GT as much as I love Forza. both have their pros and cons.
    but the lightning in Forza is way better. it is exaggerated some times, but in general it’s simply the better lighning engine.
    you are blinded by the sun when coming out of a tunnel or facing a low-lying sun. the reflections on the car and tarmac are way better too.

Forza has a more…cartoonish look, because of the contrast and saturation, but you can easily adjust your settings on the TV.

both games have their flaws and if they could make a baby, it would almost be perfect. :)

I see GT in a problematic situation. the PS3 has not the power to simulate everything it needs to compete with Forza 5. even the cooperation with Calspan for tire-physics and simulation and the detailed representation of the racetracks will widen the gap between both series.

polyphony announced that GT6 will face a update and patch marathon after release for at least 12 month and I belive that there will be a PS4 version in 2014, so I will wait for that.

GT has lost (measured in international assessments) the throne to Forza 4…and that for some reason. even the Famitsu has rated Forza 4 better than GT5.

if someone is looking for a “real driving simulator”, GT and Forza are both far away from expectations. I’m curious about P-Cars and can’t wait for the final game.

until then I slightly prefer Forza over GT but will (as usual) play both just because they both have their strenghs.

#15 1 year ago
  16. DrDamn

I think “better” is a preference in this case. JPRACER is talking about GT having a more realistic look, and you’ve more or less agreed with that by saying Forza is more “cartoonish”. It’s what ever you prefer really.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Cobra951

The more things change . . .

I’ve seen that circuit hundreds of times. It may be higher res, but it’s the same damn thing. Oh, but they use blue on the racing line now. Such innovation!

I hope the game has something truly new to recommend it. That video does not help their cause at all.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Hcw87

It’s a racing game.

These game pretty much never change. Either you love them or you won’t.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Cobra951

@18: No, it’s the SAME racing game I already have, only prettier. I know what racers are. I’ve been playing them for decades.

#19 1 year ago
  20. skyfly47

@fearmonkey

This looks better the Driveclub? you need to see the most recent vids they’re look pretty sweet, plus they’re still not finished versions of the game.

#20 1 year ago