Octodad: Dadliest Catch will support PlayStation Move when it launches on PS4

Saturday, 31st August 2013 18:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Octodad: Dadliest Catch will contain PlayStation Move support when it launches on PlayStation 4.

If you won’t feel like flailing your arms around in real-life, just use the DualShock 4 controller.

Players who opt to use Move will need just one controller and can alternate which leg you’re moving using the front Move button for the right leg, or the back trigger for left, and then wave the controller in the direction you want to stumble.

You can read up on how you can make Octodad do other crazy things over on the PS Blog.

1. melonbuster1

Move should have been in every box along with eyetoy. . Ps4/move/eyetoy = 499.99 that way its supported. . But again sony is playing it safe.. never taking steps forward. . Same system ps4= ps3/done right. Sigh Smdh

#1 11 months ago
  2. monkeygourmet

Is the ‘move’ still a thing?

This game looks great though.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Phoenixblight

Move will work with the PS4. Media Molecules game that they are developing will be using it.

#3 11 months ago
  4. monkeygourmet

Oh yeah, I forgot that E3 demo, was cool.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Phoenixblight

Its one of the reasons why I am getting the system. By the time my daughter is old enough she will be able to play it with or without me. :P

#5 11 months ago
  6. monkeygourmet

She’ll be like:

:D

#6 11 months ago
  7. pcbros

@1 – “Move should have been in every box along with eyetoy… Ps4/move/eyetoy = 499.99 that way its supported”

Couldn’t agree more.

On the other hand, if Sony considers the Move/EyeToy to be something that will not get much use, then they made the right move by making it optional.

They said the new camera allows facial capture and motion tracking, but I have yet to see a single video showing it off.

#7 11 months ago
  8. monkeygourmet

I also agree.

PS4 should have been £429 but with move and Eyetoy.

They are really going to miss out in the long run.

#8 11 months ago
  9. onlineatron

boxed-in peripherals don’t guarantee good support; see wii/wii u.

#9 11 months ago
  10. wildBoar

IT’S THE HARDWARE THAT SHOULD PUSH THE SOFTWARE!!1! I’m amazed at how many people don’t get this. As if MS and Sony should have to make the games and the tech appealing. Making people want to play games.. You know how hard that is? Man, that is fucked up difficult!! So to those people who say we should give consumers choice, you see THEN NO ONE WOULD BUY IT! Almost as if they don’t want it.. But we’ll make them buy it cause we all know they secretely want it.

“Content is king” whatever wanker thought up that amirite? If you just want to play Fifa then YOU DON’T DESERVE to own a Playstation Move or a PS4, and you should fuck off and burn in hell, fucking n00b ass casual.

#10 11 months ago
  11. partchimp

@10 – bit harsh!

#11 11 months ago
  12. Dragon246

@9,
    Exactly.
    Pricing is king. Bundling kinect will hurt MS as it jacked up the X1 price.

#12 11 months ago
  13. Erthazus

It will hurt X1 sales because kinect fad is not justified.

People buy iPads for more then 500$ cause they see a value in it.

It’s all about the value, features and stuff.

I don’t even know what games are coming for X1 camera. I remember when Kinect for 360 launched it had more shitty kinect games then X1 by 99%

MS is just retarded.

#13 11 months ago
  14. sebastien rivas

Don’t go too fast, you are assuming something that may not be entirely true regarding the kinect, MS may have something up their sleeve. The battle of devers’ titles per console just started. We may see MS coming back with a statement to dedicate a list of games for the use of Kinect… who knows.
    though you are right, it is all about value and opinion in people’s eyes.

Overall, I disagree with eye / move straight in the box, the price tag would simply be too high for me to see the value in an altogether bundle start. Perhaps I would buy eye / move down the road, who knows, but I cannot do it straight in.

#14 11 months ago
  15. sebastien rivas

I truly don’t understand your thoughts behind your transpiring emotions.
    Sounds interesting but I don’t get it. If you can come back and explain….

#15 11 months ago
  16. wildBoar

@15 Just pointing out how dumb it is to think companies should have to make people want the peripherals for them to buy them. The other guys are right, that’s obviously just stupid.

Also, you seem like a good guy Sebastien.. For your own good, get out while you still can!

#16 11 months ago