GTA 5′s soundtrack holds 240 songs, 15 radio stations: audio previews online now

Thursday, 29th August 2013 09:05 GMT By Dave Cook

Grand Theft Auto 5′s soundtrack is made up of 240 tracks spread across 15 radio stations and two talk stations. Rockstar has released some audio samplers of the stations for you to check out. Prepare your ears for some open world sound-candy.

In a Rolling Stone feature, Rockstar soundtrack supervisor, Ivan Pavlovich confirmed the final song count, and added, “It’s the largest soundtrack that we’ve done, and the largest score that we’ve done. For this game, which is set in our version of modern day Los Angeles, what was important for us was to capture that feeling of L.A. and California.

“We approached the radio stations as the musical soundscape [you experience] as you fly into L.A. One of the things we’ve never done in a GTA game before is a pop station; exploring that made so much sense in the context of L.A.”

The article goes on to namedrop some real-world DJs, in-game stations and other details about GTA 5′s radio play. You can find samplers of Vinewood Boulevard Radio, East LOS FM, West Coast Classics Radio and Rebel Radio on the Rolling Stone page.

It sounds like a colossal effort that draws in many big names. Check it out and let us know what you think below.

Via Destructoid.

1. mistermogul

Nice. I literally just pre-ordered this a few mins ago. Roll on the 17th…

For me the best soundtrack was in Vice City and it’s not been bettered since. I hope this is the game that finally beats it!

#1 1 year ago
  2. viralshag

@1, I think I might join you in pre-ordering and totally agree about the Vice City soundtrack, that’s been my favourite too.

#2 1 year ago
  3. TheKeyPit

West Coast Classics and Rebel Radio remind me of some good times with GTA:SA :D

#3 1 year ago
  4. mistermogul

@2 – You are obviously a man with good taste! lol

Cheapest pre-order I found was on Amazon (for UK anyway) – http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grand-Theft-Auto-Xbox-360/dp/B0062KIC2A/

Go on… You know you want to!

#4 1 year ago
  5. viralshag

@4, 360 too… good man! ;)

And done!

#5 1 year ago
  6. drewbles82

still would love them to do an mp3 station again like they did with xbox and pc. Put your own songs in the folder and you’ve created your own station. Why do they not do this, even Saints row would be awesome to do that.

#6 1 year ago
  7. YoungZer0

@6: Who says they won’t do that? I mean they did it before, why would they stop now?

#7 1 year ago
  8. Gojira77

Flying Lotus!!!

Im ready for this!

#8 1 year ago
  9. KineticCalvaria

@1, 2. Totally agree Vice City had the best soundtrack by far, infact I have a lot of the music still in my iTunes today, it’s also my favourite GTA game me thinks.

#9 1 year ago
  10. domnage

East LOS FM for the win! xD

#10 1 year ago
  11. MFBB

Gonne wait for PS4 or PC version next year.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Djoenz

GTA: SA music all day everyday!

#12 1 year ago
  13. American horizon

They could use the online feature to connect for a always online radio with brand new contents…
    This system of all-on-disc is obsolete and after a lot of time of play it become repetitive.

#13 1 year ago
  14. CaptPierce

Flying Lotus gets a radio station?
    SOLD.