Assassin’s Creed 3 now free to all PS Plus subscribers in Europe

Thursday, 29th August 2013 09:48 GMT By Dave Cook

Assassin’s Creed 3 is now free for on PS3 to all PS Plus subscribers via the PlayStation Store.

You can find it on the European Sony Entertainment Network store here. It’s £23.99 for non-subscribers.

Let us know if you pick it up.

1. viralshag

Well, at least Gold members got ACII a little while back…

Haha. If PS+ isn’t the main selling point of the PS3/4 I don’t know what else would be. Amazing service from the looks of it, makes me regret selling my PS3.

#1 11 months ago
  2. Djoenz

PS+ is not the main selling point imo but anyway I havent played an AC game ever so yeah I guess PSN+ here I come again. Havent got Last of Us yet and soon GTAV cant wait…

#2 11 months ago
  3. viralshag

Why not though? I mean, yeah the games are going to be good but that’s a given, consoles will always get games. A service like PS+ is something that really adds value you might not expect and really, is not that far off a subscription model of gaming.

Ok, the games might not be day and date on release but most of these games aren’t even considered as “old”. Especially when you look at the MS equivalent on Live, I mean side by side on what games are offered there’s really no comparison.

#3 11 months ago
  4. VibraniumSpork

Anyone know if this has been patched effectively since launch? I played it when it came out but quit out of frustration from all the bugs at some point.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Djoenz

IMO the main selling point of the sony playstation is the association with jrpg’s and those type of games. I myself bought a ps3 for the Final Fantasy series.
    Another major selling point is the exclusives for ps3 tend to be diverse so yeah diversity.

Shooters/Beat Em Up/Racing games and arcade type games are not my type anymore. I mean it used to be, but now Im older my preferences changed a lot and im looking for other genres more. I do play those games but the focus shouldnt be on those games. My opinion.

I have come to love western rpg’s as well, but I do miss jrpg’s. A lot of people seem to dislike jrpg’s in this gen, but Ni No Kuni suprised a lot of people.

Love the nostalgic feeling.

PS+ is practically an infant in the sony department and its just a nice add on. Anyone that would buy a ps3 or ps4 just for the nice “free” rented games on PS+ is just greedy. :P

Im sad that ps4 will have a MP behind a paywall and for that reason I wont buy a next gen console anytime soon. (I never buy a console within the first year of launch)

#5 11 months ago
  6. fihar

It’s nice to see someone being appreciative of what Plus has to offer.
    If you think the current vg247 community is toxic you might want to avoid the IGC monthly update post over at the US blog. I think that my IQ drops by 20 point everytime I read some of the comments.

I think that Plus would be good only for someone who isn’t picky. If you’re the kind who is actually capable of enjoying every type of game then Plus is perfect for you.
    Just don’t expect Plus to give you exactly the game you want on a monthly basis, better to think of it as a little something extra on the side.

#6 11 months ago
  7. FuntimeBen

Arg! I wish this deal for was for US PS+ subscribers. This is an awesome deal. I am holding out until it is released for the US subs.

#7 11 months ago
  8. viralshag

@5/6, Yeah I guess so. I mean I’m mainly looking at it in terms of what you get vs Live. I’m going XB1 and I’ve had a Live sub since the get go with maybe a year break since around launch.

I just hope MS can step it up a bit in terms of the games. I’ve had some fun playing “classics” but they’re not games I’m desperate to play. I’m normally too gung-ho when it comes to buying games and I just buy them thinking I have all the time in the world to play them. (And all the money to afford them!)

#8 11 months ago