Diablo 3: watch us play 10 minutes of the Xbox 360 version

Monday, 5th August 2013 16:23 GMT By Dave Cook

Diablo 3 developer Blizzard Entertainment lets VG247′s Sam Clay get his hands on the Xbox 360 version. We’ve recorded ten minutes of play here for you to watch.

As you can see, the UI is different and there’s a new roll move that is executed by using the Xbox 360′s right stick. There’s also a radial system in menus tailored to twin stick play. There’s also local co-op play over Xbox Live and PSN.

What do you make of the above?

Diablo 3 is out on PS3 and Xbox 360 from September 3. It’ll also hit PS4 at some point down the line.

1. Aullah

Its really sad how the diablo1 changed into… this.

#1 12 months ago
  2. bitsnark

This looks like it’ll be good fun when played in local co-op with a bunch of mates!

Also @Dave, I might be wrong but isn’t the game Xbox One bound as well?

#2 12 months ago
  3. wamp

^ I think it’s not officialy confirmed, but yeah it will turn up be there.

#3 12 months ago
  4. Darksider123

This is the game that disappointed so many pc-gamers. I’ll pass

#4 12 months ago
  5. bradk825

I would watch, but I would only get jealous.

#5 12 months ago
  6. Cobra951

@4: It disappointed me because of the forced-online DRM. To me, the PC version *does not exist* because of that. The 360 version will at least get me to acknowledge the existence of the game. If I like what I see and read about it, I may even buy it.

#6 12 months ago
  7. DrDamn

I think local co-op would be great, supporting 4 players this way is nice. Not enough games still support couch multiplayer gaming these days.

#7 12 months ago
  8. Erthazus

Avoid/dodge button.

Oh jesus…

and yeah. It is smooth because there is no Anti-Aliasing and so far what have been show here there are not enough monsters on one sceeen. 3-4 or 6 at best. Something tell’s me that Blizzard used scissors for some areas to make less monsters.

poor casual players.

#8 12 months ago
  9. YoungZer0

@6: Same here.

#9 12 months ago
  10. SlayerGT

Think I’ll wait for the PS4 version. As with any multi-plat game. Gotta get my library started good.

#10 12 months ago
  11. Ballisticon

@8 Did you watch the video? At one point there was about 15 mobs on the screen (3:00 mark).

One question: How do you move and aim? Is it a twin stick thing? How can that be if the right stick is roll?

#11 12 months ago
  12. YoungZer0

@8: Oh yeah, those poor “casual” players who won’t have to deal with the always-online DRM. You reek.

#12 12 months ago
  13. Erthazus

@12, I would say that you were correct if it was SIM CITY . DUH~
    Diablo III works.
    @11, I saw that. There are 15 at start and then it is empty.

you don’t AIM, you control the character with a “STICK” like in third person action games on consoles. Some abilities have been changed so you could use them without aim.

#13 12 months ago
  14. Sylrissa

@6 Same for me too, with an offline co-op version on the console, I’ll give it a try, looks like fun. But PC version (where I prefer to play actually) of D3 doesn’t exist.

#14 12 months ago
  15. taylorlauder

To tell you the truth, it looks better than what I imagined.

#15 12 months ago
  16. OlderGamer

Looks good and bad at the same time. Graphics look smooth and nice, makes me glad I am not making a fuss about getting a PS4 or X1 right now. However the aiming looks horrible, esp when multi mobs are on the field. Picking your target looks impossible. The chars just sort of fire toward whatever the game picks for you. This game should have played like Gauntlet with Robotron style controls. Not sure I like the way the controls have been implemented…all it seems for the sake of a roll move.

Time will tell I guess. But I want to narrow the scope of controls down a bite before I buy a console verson.

#16 12 months ago
  17. OlderGamer

Any comments on the aiming/controls Sam?

It really looks sloppy. I was hoping something like Torchlight on XBLA, using the triggers for skills(even add in shoulder buttons) and use the right stick for aiming. Could have used a thumb stick to click/press to initiate a roll. Or a quick A button tap.

Really said over the video, I am seeing a lot of miss placed spells and even shots fired in the wrong direction.

#17 12 months ago