The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD said to have new difficulty level

Wednesday, 31st July 2013 09:35 GMT By Dave Cook

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD isn’t just a mere Wii U upscale, as a lot of work has gone into making the GameCube classic all shiny for current-gen. It may also be getting a new difficulty mode, according to a recent product listing.

The game’s product listing on Amazon.com reads, “In this definitive version on the Wii U console, you can experience the game in gorgeous 1080p graphics, manage your inventory and view maps on the Wii U GamePad controller, and even choose to take on a more challenging difficulty level.”

IGN suggests that this could be a nod to a new Master Quest mode in Wind Waker. Also, the game is listed at $49.99, which is $10 less than full Wii U releases, suggesting that the game’s re-make nature has caused Nintendo to lop a tenner off the top.

What do you think of the above?

1. RPRezo

While everywhere HD-remakes and re-releases cost from 2 to 6 times less than new games, Nintendo generously drops 10 bucks from a full price. Nice.

#1 12 months ago
  2. Froseidon

@1 – 2 to 6 times less? Here in the UK, remakes tend to go for £30, which is only £10-15 shy of the full asking price. This drops seems right to me. Not sure what it is like in the US though.

#2 12 months ago
  3. DrDamn

It’s showing as $59.99 now so full whack.

For remakes I think it depends on effort put in. A lot of remakes get bundled (ICO + SoTC, Jak & Daxter Trilogy, MGS Collection, God of War Collection) – not so much is reworked for those though. This is probably closer to Halo CE Anniversary. That had an RRP of £35 in the UK (£15 less than the usual RRP). This needs a similar RRP giving it a £30 price point at retail/online.

NB: It’s also full price on ShopTo …

Want to play but I’m not paying full price. Will wait for the bargain bins.

#3 12 months ago
  4. Fin

Pretty sure Nintendo are the only ones to make so much noise over a HD version of a game (ex. Squenix, with FFX/X-2).

Give us a new Zelda game for fuck sake. I don’t want to play through a game I finished in 2003.

#4 12 months ago
  5. Froseidon

@4 – They don’t seem to be making much noise about it. It gets mentioned here and there but that’s about it.

If you want news on the new Zelda U, then there is a financials article on VG (I think) than mentions 2014. Probably just a placeholder date though.

#5 12 months ago
  6. Cobra951

I loved Wind Waker, to the point of playing it repeatedly, despite it becoming super-easy in combat. The way I made one of my last playthroughs challenging was to never pick up hearts or heart pieces. The game forces 3 heart pieces on you, not enough for an extra heart. All others can be left behind. So I completed the game with the original 3 hearts of health. It was almost difficult, but not quite.

Yes, the game could use a more challenging mode, without a doubt. I hope they implement it well.

#6 12 months ago