Grand Theft Auto 5 PC petition attracts 200,000 signatures

Tuesday, 23rd July 2013 03:40 GMT By Brenna Hillier

A petition asking Rockstar to release a PC version of Grand Theft Auto 5 is gaining momentum.

At time of writing, 208,641 gamers had indicated their support for the GTA 5 port, with 91,359 more needed before the request is mailed out.

Gamespot reports the petition has grown by about 50,000 since February.

A recent job ad hinted that a PC port of the anticipated open-world adventure is quite likely, and Rockstar said in November that it hadn’t ruled it out.

Grand Theft Auto 5 launches on September 17, on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

1. silverstorm

They will release it at some point, that much is sure.

#1 1 year ago
  2. jron310

I just find it funny how the PC playing community brag about PC is better and portray an attitude of being better than consoles and mobile, yet whine when something isn’t released for it. Petition here and there, this and that. Why don’t you wait for an official response before throwing a fit and getting on developers nerves with petitions and emails.

#2 1 year ago
  3. DSB

Taking 30 seconds to sign a petition equals throwing a fit? Hokay.

I don’t think petitions make much of a difference either way, it’s just easy content for internet media. If it makes business sense for Rockstar to be on the PC, they’re gonna be on the PC.

#3 1 year ago
  4. taylorlauder

Bunch of herd animals who forgot to use their brains.

#4 1 year ago
  5. SlayerGT

@3 “But judging from their track record, they’re not exactly great at porting anyway.”

Probably why they didn’t port RDR. So many bitched about the GTAIV port being garbage.

#5 1 year ago
  6. xBASSxMONSTAx

Wii-U petition here: http://www.change.org/petitions/grand-theft-auto-v-for-wii-u

#6 1 year ago
  7. xXNapsterManXx

Not sure Why the PC gamers have been getting all Upset about GTAV not being announced for PC yet, IT WILL COME most likely not until next year but it will come out.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Jerykk

200,000 people apparently don’t know anything about the GTA series. Every PC GTA since GTA3 has been announced and released after the console versions. I’m fairly sure that GTA5 will be no different.

#8 1 year ago
  9. TheWulf

That you’re acting like you have an inferiority complex the size of Europa isn’t exactly helping the image of console fans either, you know.

#9 1 year ago
  10. viralshag

PC gamers having to wait until the console gamers have had their fun again? And people say the PC is ahead of even the next-gen…

Shame that only applies to graphics in most cases. ;)

#10 1 year ago
  11. DeVitowned

Wonder how many petition just to pirate?

#11 1 year ago
  12. xxJPRACERxx

If they make a PC version (which is about 95% sure), I wish they also release an X1 and PS4 version. I’m done gaming on PC but I would really like a HD version of GTA V.

Anyway, I’ve pre-order my Special Edition on 360 the day it was announced. This will be my GOTY! (99% sure about this one)

#12 1 year ago
  13. Kyle Jackson

I’ll wait for the superior PC version to come out.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Kreisher

@ jron310 I’m not sure what your concern is here. Signing a petition is a great way to express demand for a product. I don’t think PC gamers are whining, we just want to be heard. I assure you Take Two is listening and appreciates the confirmation that consumers are interested (not to mention the free marketing).

I’m most interested to hear about GTA V mod support. Might I’ll see if Strauss is interested in grabbing coffee at GDC EU and chatting about this. …On second thought maybe I’ll skip the coffee in favor of something cooler…

#14 1 year ago
  15. dex3108

Only reason why PC version is not announced yet is because they want to get as much money as possible in first couple of months. If PC version were announced many gamers would wanted to play it on PC but many of them would not pay it.

But if they publish game on PS360 first and after couple of months they publish it on PC/X1 and PS4 they will earn even more money. And they will earn more money because many of PS360 owners will buy game again to see it in full glory beide gamers who are waiting PC version.

Industry is working that way, developers/publishers are looking how to maximize profit.

#15 1 year ago
  16. broketm

How these must always turn into a PC vs Console smacktalk contest.

You know, you can like and enjoy both platforms each for their own merits.

Anyway, I’ve always enjoyed GTA, with it’s flawed ports more on PC than console. As there’s others I’d rather play on console.

I don’t put much stock in petitions like these, but it can’t hurt to sign it. It’s likely to come to PC regardless.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Tavarish

@5 Well GTA 4′s port was pure garbage so complaints were justified.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Vice

Geezaz, stop begging, people, it will be there released on PC without any stupid petitions! >.<

#18 1 year ago
  19. OwnedWhenStoned

@16 Ooh careful with the well thought out non divisive comment there mister. It might catch on.

I’ve got a PS3 and a PC and I don’t understand fanboys either. The only reason I didn’t consider a 360 is the lack of Blu Ray.

Having said that, I hope this comes to PC too. But if it doesn’t I might consider the PS3 version if the controls are re-configurable.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Mjorh

I’m really sick of this retarded lame-ass comparisons between PC n consoles! Get ur game n play the shit outta it n don’t give a fuck 2 other stuff !
    Btw,i really hope they release it on PC(port matters) so the circle would be wider n obviously its gonna be the best version .

#20 1 year ago
  21. loci

They can not release it same time as the console version because it will make the console version look like shite.
    It will be released later, possibly along with PS4/180 version.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Hcw87

Just like RDR then? OH WAIT.

One of the best games this generation STILL hasn’t come out on PC. Not saying GTAV won’t, but be prepared to eat your own shit and buy a console to play it.

#22 1 year ago
  23. loci

No need for shit eating as I have it ordered for PS3.
    I will buy it for PC if ever released tho.

#23 1 year ago
  24. smartalves

If they going to do it, why they don’t say it? what’s the hold up?
    Yes , GTA IV was crap on PC and they never make any effort to improve it. What I don’t understand is why console fanboys keep crying in their backyards, specially when they already have so many exclusives.
    Of course we, pc boys and girls, have the right to ask a PC version with petitions or others. I felt excluded because I can never play Red Dead Redemption on my PC.
    It seems that Rockstar lacks the technical skills to do it or they are getting to much money from Microsoft and Sony to make a exclusive.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Rockin a Jack D

Can’t stand the GTA games. They are bore fests. Honestly, people will play any old shite these days…

#25 1 year ago